Wounded spirits...saddened hearts...life is short

by DannyBear 15 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

All of a sudden this day, my spirits tumbled, my usual inner peace, turned sour. It was like a veil or cloud that decended on me, a feeling of intense sadness.

Anyone visiting or posting to this board over the last few days, has witnessed the 'wars' waging around us. I was very much a part of them, feeling a sense of relief that they were over. It is not over, the fires are faning again, new victims, old warrior's keeping the fight alive.

At first I told myself that I could simply ignore them, that worked for awhile, but I kept going back into the threads, hoping to see some positive turn of events. That has not happened, that is the reason for my sudden mood change. It's a mood Iam not to familiar with, in real life I seem to maintain a rather high level of happiness and contentment. This not good for me.

That said, may I make this plea to all current and former combatants in the wars? Stop the fighting...stop posting...or make up.

No position, stand, idea, or cause is worth dragging this warfare on. It is not healthy for me, and I will be presumptious and suggest it isn't healthy for anyone else, either.

I want to be here, accepted if possible, rejected or ignored as in real life, but I can't abide coming here for a continual diet of the hate and bitterness.

My participation in verbal assaults or war cry's is over. I don't like this mood Iam in.

I hope the other's still involved will come along with me on this.

Otherwise this board will not be the attractive place it has proved to be. Only a place to bring you down. There is quite enough potential in the real world at large to accomodate, that.

So come on guys lets put some real smiley faces on our sourpuss's.

DannyBear

• Flip
    Flip

I hear ya DannyBruin! I simply try not to get involved in social politics.

I think my attitude in this case is a throw back to my days as a Jehovah Bystander.

Flip

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Danny, we all, including you and I, have contributed to the melee, and the general black clouds in a few threads. I can understand it getting you down.

I don't think anyone should be sweetness and light all the time, just to keep the peace. It's not my nature. But neither do I enjoy being a bitch 24 hours a day, lol. So, you're tired of the fighting, and I'm tired of it, for now. But some others might not be done having their say yet, and that is their right, too.

My suggestion is, those of you/us who are tired of being in the ring, stay out of the fighting threads, at least until your humor gets back up to normal levels, and you can handle it again without it bringing you down. Here, have a beer... It's all in the balance,k?

Hugs,
    RCat

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Aw, c'mon, RCat. You KNOW you like to be a bitch.....all day, every day. (Hastily mounting the red horse and galloping the hell out of here before you smack me a good one.....LOL)

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Now RHW, why'd ya go and give away my dark secret? Hey, and don't ride off on your noble steed like that! You're supposed to be my Assistant, wench!

ROFL,
    RCat

Edited for my usual typos...

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

RCat,

You offer sound and reasonable advice. I will take it, and apply it.

Danny

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I ain't no wench, bitch.....I be da GODDESS!!!

Dannybear ****HUGS****

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Oh, please forgive me, Oh GODDESS of WENCHES, my mistake.

Hugs,
    RCat

• larc
    larc

Danny,

I agree, and I have had similiar thoughts and emotions. My wife and I have discussed this. Some days we want to get away from the board because we feel that it is bringing us down, not up. We do keep coming back because there are a lot of positives for us here.

It seems to me, that we could work better together if we did a couple of things.

Attack ideas not people: It is one thing to say that an idea doesn't make sense. It is another to call a person an idiot (even though we might think they are).

Don't take ourselves so damned seriously: If we want to poke fun, it doesn't hurt to head it in our own direction from time to time. Also, if we don't take ourselves so seriously, it is easier to say we are wrong.

Remember that we do have a common, over riding objective: help people who want out and show other people why they should never enter the world that is the Watchtower.

We also have another objective: help each other over issues that we face after leaving. I have seen a lot of good done here in this domain, which makes me hopeful for the future of this "congregation."

Forgive and forget: I am not going quote scripture here, but you know it is not a good idea to "keep account of the injury". For Chriss sake, if you get pissed off, let it go. It ain't a gonna do ya no good to stay mad and try to get even. Get over it.

Well, that's all I can think of for now. If you have any thoughts or questions, write them on a 20 dollar bill and mail them to me.

• COMF
    COMF

Hiya, Danman!

All well be well, Danny. An observation from longtime H2O posting: this stuff comes in waves. It will crest and die down, and calm will reign for a spell. Then it'll start up again.

Maybe it's the moon, eh?

COMF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit