The Publications Look Like Crap

by Nosferatu 18 Replies latest jw friends

• glitter
    glitter

Nos - a brilliant free image host is Photo Island - no problems hotlinking like with free web hosts, the service is free and you just click the "Link for auction" link at the bottom-left and copy the image URL.

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Scully & Walter - right-on comments - their 'truth' changes so frequently - best to have pubs that don't last long. Nos - congratulations - and hope you can get those pics up - will look for them.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali
    We had a dog who decided to chew up a "United in Worship" book (at least I think that was the book). A corner of the hard cover was chewed away, but the book remained pretty much intact.

.... so are you disappointed that a quality chew toy for dogs is no longer available?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

The Daniel book & Isaiah books did not last the whole monday study

split in half or three?

• metatron
    metatron

As with many things in the Watchtower-world these days, the explanation involves money.

They calculated down to the penny how much they would save on each soft bound book

in contrast to hard bound. Knorr hated the idea of paperback books but he's long gone.

Secondly, they don't "sell" books like they used to. In times past, they would release

a new book at a convention and then accumulate 25/50 cents or a dollar for each one

(depending on the year). The Knowledge book came along together with the voluntary

donation arrangement and things dropped. Witnesses just weren't 'coming across' with

the $ - and with Freddie gone, the publications just degenerated into the 'cut 'n paste'

stuff you see today.

and so it goes. The garish book colors were kind of amusing! They made the Bible green

initially because they liked associating green with life but ran into big troubles in the field

because some folks at the doors wouldn't listen to anything quoted out of a Bible that

wasn't black or dark colored!

metatron

• patio34
    patio34

Good point Nos---and I can't wait to see the wedding photos!

But I didn't like the hard covers and thought the new soft-backs looked more modern, similar to paper-back books. Because modern hard-covered books have book jackets on them.

But, now that I've "escaped," it was the content that was the problem, lol!

Pat

• HeyNow!
    HeyNow!

At my brothers, we realized he was out of toilet paper. I told him, we now had a use for all the magazines, he still had left in his storage.

Does anyone know, can the ink do damage to your butt?

• garybuss
    garybuss

The old hard cover books were lasting well past the validity of their contents and there could not be found a scriptural reason to do this so the literature was changed to a more throw away model to match the contents. This was all done under the guidance and direction of the holy spirit and the approval of the Governing Body who have not been governing since 2000 and with the approval of the corporate non-inspired, non-anointed directors who are not governing either.

All in all, the assemblies are the best place to release new literature and since the publishers don't have to pay for lunch anymore the donations for publications should increase soon. Many at the assemblies are wondering where the Witnesses are that used to sit in the rather large roped off areas and maybe there will be something said in one of the talks about them. Back at Yankee Stadium and the Polo Grounds in 1958 we had hard covers and hard seats. There were street vendors all over the place and one of them burned down his food stand during one of the sessions. Black smoke went up like crazy. Those were the days!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Truth is fluid and changes often, rendering old truth obsolete. It's part of the design.

Well said Walter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit