The Publications Look Like Crap

by Nosferatu 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Not sure when they switched from hard cover books to cheap cardboard cover. The publications don't have the same, fancy, expensive look that the previous hard cover ones did. I used to marvel over the nice hard cover books, and the colors of them. Also, sizes of the publications seem to have changed. There used to be two sizes: big and small. They don't seem to have a standard for this anymore.

I remember how I realized the durability of the hard cover books. We had a dog who decided to chew up a "United in Worship" book (at least I think that was the book). A corner of the hard cover was chewed away, but the book remained pretty much intact. With the hard covers gone, the durability of the books has gone down. Perhaps this is a way to sell more books, replacing the ones that have worn out quickly, plus reducing cost to make them?

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

Maybe they aren't expection the publications to last 1000 years anymore.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

They probably don't want the old publications to last long. It's too easy for people to look back into old publications and discover their past lies.

Truth is fluid and changes often, rendering old truth obsolete. It's part of the design.

Walter

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

The new books are poor quality a book study book never last long, and the middles fall out.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Even some of the hard cover books are poor quality. I have a "Greatest Man" book here that's held together with duct tape. I can't see why else it wore out so badly. I'm not THAT studious.

Walter

• boa
    boa

I agree, they look like cheap trashy novels, except the cheap trashy novels are more interesting and informative....

At least the damn things still burn well though

boa...

• Scully
    Scully

I think Walter is right: The WTS doesn't want good quality materials that will last a long time. The Truth? in the first edition, doesn't necessarily equal The Truth? in future editions.

Besides, if they make stuff that falls apart, people have to keep buying new copies.... gotta keep the ching ching coming in.

Love, Scully

• Scully
    Scully

PS, Nos: how was the wedding??

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

The wedding went great, Scully! I guess I should post a new topic about it, and some pictures!

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble posting pictures. Angelfire isn't being nice to me anymore.

• glitter
    glitter

The hardbound publications all look dated, there's some apalling colour combinations - and they tend to get crushed/damaged at the top and bottom of the spine from being in the bookbag. Or from me chewing on them absentmindedly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit