I Got a Response to my letter from the Watchtower Society!

by Dolllie 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Dolllie
    Dolllie

Wow! "I knew they would answer"

About a month or so ago I posted about a "witness" who was a white supremicist/racist who told me I was not allowed to go to the local Kingdom Hall, could not have a copy of the Watchtower or Awake, & that the Bible was not for Blacks. Her & a friend of her's(an old lady) were running a scam ad in the local newspaper. Her son lived next door, so I saw her all the time.... and she was in general "a pain" to deal with.

I "reported her" un-Christian-like behavior to the Watchtower Society. I just got a letter back in the mail from them!

In general they say "they are sorry to learn about my experience", then say "Jehovah's Witnesses do not espose to "white suprremacist" ideals, then quote a scripture from Acts 10:34-35... then they say "we can not say with certainly if these persons are Jehovah's Witnesses"... then they provided the address, phone number and schedule of the closest Kingdon Hall to my address.

The letter I got back was from "Patterson, New York". And although I would have loved to have seen her get thrown out, it was still nice to get a response to my letter.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Wow Dolllie, in all my years growing up in this religion I encountered many different types of people, however I never knew anyone who was an avowed racist, this is almost unbelievable. Do keep us informed of this situation.

Dave

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

In 1978, when My Book Of Babble Stories came out, I wrote a letter to the Society in thankful admiration, and they sent me a letter back. I was so excited, I framed it, and hung it on my wall in the Bedroom. Thinking back on it now, makes me wanna Vomit 2

Glad you got a response back. Hope Sister Bigot has chilled out some, and is not being hurtful like she was.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

That little cartoon icon is hilarious OhioCowboy, btw did you get my email?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Hi Dollie,

Maybe you should try reporting her to the local elders and see if they come up with a solution. There must be no excuse for bigotry!

• Corvin
  • Panda
    Panda

How awful for you Dollie. I wonder what their newspaper scam is about. I found over the years that scamming and JWs are a well fit partnership.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Dollie,

If it were me... and since you have taken the time to already mail the headquarters... and they have taken the time to reply...

I would photocopy both your letter - and the Society reply - and - after blotting out MY name & addy - send this info to the local cong that the headquarters have given you the address for.

Then sit back on your front porch, and see how long it takes for your neighbors to get a 'visit' from the local 'elders'.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I would not be surprised if they sent a letter to the local congregation if you included names and addresses.

But they probably would chaulk it up to being persecuted if approached by the elders.

good for you though

• Dolllie
    Dolllie

There "scam" was, they put an ad in the newspaper in the "roommates wanted/rooms for rent" section. Then when you got there it was some old lady that was not able to take care of herself. You ended up trapped in the house with her & ultimately "taking care of her for free", & paying her some money as well.

They "pulled this" for 6 years!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit