Transgender Support Group for Jehovah's Witnesses

by enigma0007 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• enigma0007
    enigma0007

If you are transgender or intersex and a Jehovah's Witness or affiliated with them please join: http://groups.msn.com/TransJehovahsWitnesses http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TransgenderJWS/ For help and support. This is not a sex site, this is not a bashing site, this is a site for support and help in getting medical resources and information on transgender & intersex conditions.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Thanks for the information.

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

I think it's great that someone started these groups. I am looking for an exJW gay group in my area....I have found two other gay exdubs in my city....we should meet regularly.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy
    I am looking for an exJW gay group in my area....

Fire Dragon,

Why not start your own group? Several years ago, I put an ad in the classifieds of an alternative lifestyle magazine about starting a Gay ex-JW group. You would not believe all of the calls I got. I ended up meeting many people, and we had a few groups, but then the guilt thingy reared it's ugly head, so I stopped involvement, but others stayed in touch. Most seemed like really nice, intelligent people!

Worth a try.....

• Corvin
    Corvin

Thank you so much for the link . . . I really could use a place to hang where they understand transgendered fellas like me.

• FlowerPower
    FlowerPower

Good luck to you Corvin. My heart goes out to you and other trannies. I am gay and was once so conflicted, I feel your pain of being misunderstood and judged by so many of the narrow minded class. My best to you in your search for acceptance. Ive met a lot of really good people on the ACB site.(A Common Bond) gayexjw site. FlowerPower

• Corvin
    Corvin

The above was simply a joke. I am not really transgendered.

• FlowerPower
    FlowerPower

HaHaHA That's really NOT a funny Joke.

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

Thanks Ohiocowboy! That's a great idea. I hope to get a good response....I'll keep you posted.

Flower, I know the confusion you went thru. I was tempted to change gender when I was struggling to come out. I thought that if I showed up at a new KH where no one knew me as a brother then I would be accepted better than a lesbian....LOL, yeah right!! I'm glad I made the right decision...but I now have a new empathy for transgendered people.

FD

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I'm glad I made the right decision

Me too. I'm even more pleased you didn't listen to them. Too bad a certain religious sect doesn't understand a very simple statement like, "Love thy neighbour ..."

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit