Unseen Spirits do they help us or do they harm us?

by Celtic 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Celtic
    Celtic

Does anyone else remember this booklet? If you do remember studying it as a child, what were the affects of this study on your imaginations? How did this booklet play your fears? Were there any medium to long term residue fears and/or phobias that you felt were implanted into you as a child whilst reading and studying this publication?

Side question. Would it be fair do some of you think here, to ask whether there is sure a thing as 'Demonic Exploitation Abuse' associated with the WT and Jehovah's Witnesses? If there is, how might this be properly classified, categorised?

Very interested in your answers.

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

Well, it certainly scared the proverbial out of me as a kid. I was always petrified about going to sleep in the dark, imagining that there were all sorts of things lurking around.

Really frightened me - especially all the stuff about demons etc. Y'know I'd forgotten what that booklet was called - *shudders*.

FF

• blondie
    blondie

Growing up with a sexually, physically, emotionally, verbally, spiritually abusive father makes any demon seem like a small thing.

My impression was that many JWs who had demon experiences were desperately wanting attention and to be seen as important in the congregation.

I could never imagine why any self-respecting demon would waste his time on anyone at the KH since they did so little talking about the Bible and their actions turned more people off the Bible.

Blondie (with apologies to those with real experiences)

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

I was not raised in the truth, but when I was a child I saw many strange unexplainable things in our house. I grew up in a very unloving and abusive household too. My mother was deep into spiritism. I thought she was summoning ghosts. None at that time ever tried to hurt me, they would just scare me or make faces and/or noises. As I got older I shrugged these off as a possible vivid imagination of a child although in my mind today they still seem very real.

When I was 20 I was laying on my couch trying to go to sleep. As I was laying there I started to see several midget like people sitting on the chair accross from my couch where I was lying looking back at me. Then there was this very strong and large being on top of me. I tried to turn my head to see who my attacker was but the strength was beyond human, holding my face in the direction of the stupid midget like people. There is no doubt in my mind that this thing was trying to spread my legs apart. I just kept struggling and saying to myself get up, get up and they all dissappeared. I jumped to my feet.

Ok...now being the logical minded person I was/am, I said to myself...."Was that a dream?" So I layed back down and waited, it only took a few seconds. They all started to appear again, midgets watching this other being physically attacking me. I told myself to get up get up and this time I ran upstairs and layed down next to my husband, who was asleep in bed. To this day, in my mind I believe in my heart with all my logical senses that I was being attacked by something.

Keep in mind, at this point in my life I had never been in contact with a JW, although a Kingdom Hall was accross the street from my house. (I wonder if that means anything) Anyway, I use to think, "What's a Jehovah?"

I had no idea really if demons existed or not. I thought it was an eveil ghost I guess. I never had been attacked since that day and I still dont know to this day an explanation for that phenomenon.

Of course, when I did come into contact with JWs about 5 years later, it all made sense to me. They were demons. This was the first an only explanation I ever had and it seemed to fit so I accepted it. I never told any sisters what had happened, but I felt as though I finally understood what had happened.

I dont know what is out there, I dont know if it was one of the greatest hallucinations I ever had. I guess I will never know.

I hope you all dont think I am kooky for sharing this, it was just one of those strange life expereinces that just have no explanation.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

If you're a jw, you don't have the reigns - so I suppose it feels like you might be trod on, kicked or even stampeded by various 'spirits' - jws stop listening to you when it seems 'uncomfortable' to them, because they don't control the spirits, so they flee.

I would prefer to be in "the region of Caesarrea Phillipi" - to possess myself as prince (Caesarrea) & reign with Him, and know these horses (spirits - Phillipi) that can run wild with pride, or work for me - like the centurion who "says to one go and he goes, and to another come an he comes".

Is being in 'the region of Caesarrea Phillipi' the source of your stream of judgement - your Jor-dan ?

• Xander
    Xander
    When I was 20 I was laying on my couch trying to go to sleep. As I was laying there I started to see several midget like people sitting on the chair accross from my couch where I was lying looking back at me. Then there was this very strong and large being on top of me. I tried to turn my head to see who my attacker was but the strength was beyond human, holding my face in the direction of the stupid midget like people. There is no doubt in my mind that this thing was trying to spread my legs apart. I just kept struggling and saying to myself get up, get up and they all dissappeared. I jumped to my feet.

Just FYI, what you've just described sounds like the classic symptoms of "sleep paralysis".

Do a google search on it, I'm sure you'll find many tales very similar to your own.

• Celtic
    Celtic

pardon, come again.

• Celtic
    Celtic

Apologies not you Xander but A Paduan.

Aye sleep paralysis is what that experience sounded like, I too went through an experience like that at 14 years old which years later my psychologist told me was most probaly this.

FF. Aye shudders is the right expression. Especially too since some of us being brought up in the witness faith were more prone to mysticism and pagan spirituality than others given the environment of the regional differences we were growing up in and subsequently the people/community surrounding us.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Sleep paralysis sound a lot like "night terrors." My nephew was diagnosed with "night terrors" as a child and experienced these frequently--a similiar state to sleep walking, but mixed with a state or terror. He later grew out of them, but it is not uncommon. There are many trauma experiences (Post traumatic stress syndrome) where people relive bad experiences and have visions, such as in the war, etc. Many mental illnesses/ brain chemical imbalances, sleep disorders can bring on delusional thinking and even visions--along with certain diabetic states--medications--etc, etc. The JW religion is obsessed with demons. Seems like the more unbalanced ones were those who had these "visions." Most of the more stable ones did not talk about these demon visits. I am convinced the religion of JWs causes trauma to children with their teachings. This coupled with the mental state of their parents and how the religion is presented to them during their youth could cause the kind of trauma it would take to induce these delusional states of mind.

• Celtic
    Celtic

A ridiculous thought pattern, ignore, Celty cross'es out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit