Update: The meeting with my mom....

by desib77 20 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

See Desbi, you are not as spinless as you thought. In that small way of stating your feeling direct is starting to show your mom ,you do mean it.,,,, You go girl

• blondie
    blondie
    She's right. She doesn't have anything else to talk about, because her life revolves around it.

The funny thing is if you get JWs around each other at the KH or the conventions, all they can talk about is the gossip in the congregation, who's wearing what, who was DF'd or put on reproof and the details, whose kids are bad, new cars/trucks/vans/SUVs they bought, new clothes, new houses, trips they took, their illinesses and the strange, alternative way to treat it, etc. Mention a good talk or a point in the WT and their eyes glaze over and they look around the hall for someone new to talk to.

But get them around someone inactive or a non-JW, they feel they have to put on a good front.

Glad to hear she at least recognizes you have boundaries, desib, and she should respect them. She may need a gentle reminder from time to time.

Blondie (((hugs)))

• simplesally
    simplesally

Good for you..........hopefully your mother realizes that she loves you very much and wants you in her life as much as you want her.

• Larry
    Larry

Wow - that turned out pretty well. Thanks for the update, and may the cordial visits continue.

Peace - LL :)

• eiu2003
    eiu2003

Well Kiddo,

I am happy for you. I know your mother better than anyone and i am surprised at this course of events. I hope it continues for you.

Congratulations,

• desib77
    desib77

Hey eiu! You're up....isn't it past your bedtime?

• Fleur
    Fleur

i'm so glad it went well. be prepared for her to vacillate...it happens. but she knows how you feel and is making an effort, and that means a lot.

some happy news about a family here! always glad to see that.

hugs

fleur

• desib77
    desib77

thanks fleur....I know there will be future discussions but at least I stood up for myself. That was a first.

• Fleur
    Fleur

the first time is huge, because no matter what they throw at you in the future, you know you've done it, you can do it again.

its so especially hard with moms...they can look at you and its like you're three again and got caught with your face covered with cookie just before dinner. it's just a look they have. but you handled it beautifully, i'm proud of you!

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

Brilliant!

Great progress! Small steps lead to big ones!

FF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit