1995 no big deal??

by Bubbamar 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

In the year 1995 they did away with the 1914 "generation"(so now 607 is meaningless) prophecy and the sheep and the sheep and goat prophecy. It basically turn jws into a normal church. Even the need for the preaching work was destroyed. The org now is run by inertia.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

betty boop:

The Jan 8 1982 Awake is the first one to use the phrase ?the Creator?s promise of a peaceful and secure new order before the generation that saw the events of 1914 C.E. passes away.?

The November 8 1995 Awake is the first one to change the phrase to read ?the Creator?s promise of a peaceful and secure new world that is about to replace the present wicked, lawless system of things.?

XQTP: Can you please expound on your comments. I didn't think they dropped 1914 - just the meaning of the term 'generation.' I think it is still related to 1914. And what about the sheep/goat thing? no preachin work?? you mean people just go in service on their own??

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

dropped 1914 - just the meaning of the term 'generation'

If by droped you mean bannished it to the time period of 70ce yeah. I think your own comments show they droped 1914. You can claim any date is a land mark date you can even refer to that date over and over, but if it has no meaning it is not different than 666 and number that so far is everyplace but means nothing.

Questions From Readers

"The Watchtower" of November 1, 1995, focused on what Jesus said about "this generation," as we read at Matthew 24:34. Does this mean that there is some question about whether God?s Kingdom was set up in heaven in 1914?

*** w97 6/1 p. 28 Questions From Readers ***

We have ample evidence that this sign has been in course of fulfillment since 1914. The facts about wars, famines, plagues, earthquakes, and other evidences bear out that since 1914, Jesus has been active as King of God?s Kingdom. This indicates that since then we have been in the conclusion of the system of things.

Think about this Notice they are saying based secular facts we collected about the world 1914 means the world is ending. Notice no 607 reference? Now what does this mean? Nothing. Based on the fact the sun has a finite supply of hydrogen means the world is ending. Also notice this said "active". So prior 1914, Jesus has been inactive as King of God?s Kingdom... Okay... wow um.... yeah thanks for the head line.

*** w97 6/1 p. 28 Questions From Readers ***

So the recent information in The Watchtower about "this generation" did not change our understanding of what occurred in 1914. But it did give us a clearer grasp of Jesus? use of the term "generation," helping us to see that his usage was no basis for calculating?counting from 1914?how close to the end we are.

This means 1914 has no prophectic significance.

w97 6/1 p. 28 Questions From Readers ***

That evidently is how Peter understood Jesus? use of "generation" when he and three other apostles were with Jesus on the Mount of Olives. According to Jesus? prophetic statement, Jews of that period?basically, Jesus? contemporaries?were going to experience or hear of wars, earthquakes, famines, and other evidences that the end of the Jewish system was near. In fact, that generation did not pass before the end came in 70 C.E.?Matthew 24:3-14, 34.

This is returning to "christendoms" veiw.

Questions From Readers

We were thrilled with our study of Jesus? parable of the sheep and the goats. In view of the new understanding presented in "The Watchtower" of October 15, 1995, can we still say that Jehovah?s Witnesses today are sharing in a separating work?

*** w97 7/1 p. 30 Questions From Readers ***

Yes. Understandably, many have wondered about this because Matthew 25:31, 32 says: "When the Son of man arrives in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. And all the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats." The Watchtower of October 15, 1995, showed why these verses apply after the great tribulation begins. Jesus will arrive in his glory with his angels and will sit on his judgment throne. Then, he will separate people. In what sense? He will render decisions based on what people did or did not do before that time.

This is returning to "christendoms" view.

w97 7/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

However, the fact that the separation of people to life or to death mentioned at Matthew 25:32 is yet future does not mean that no separating, or dividing, occurs before that. The Bible, in Matthew chapter 13, mentions one separation work that occurs earlier. Interestingly, the book United in Worship of the Only True God, pages 179-80, treats this under the heading "Separating of People". The book says: "There are also other significant events that Jesus prominently associated with the conclusion of the system of things. One of these is the separation of the ?sons of the kingdom? from the ?sons of the wicked one.? Jesus spoke of this in his parable about a wheat field that an enemy oversowed with weeds."

The book was referring to Jesus? illustration set out at Matthew 13:24-30 and explained in verses 36-43. Note in verse 38 that the fine seeds of wheat represent the sons of the Kingdom, but the weeds stand for the sons of the wicked one. Verses 39 and 40 show that in the ?conclusion of the system of things??during the time in which we now live?the weeds are collected. They are separated out and finally burned, destroyed.

The illustration deals with anointed Christians (who in the parable of the sheep and the goats are called Jesus? brothers). Still, the point is clear that a vital separation does occur during our time, with the anointed being distinguished from those who profess to be Christians but who prove themselves to be "sons of the wicked one."

They took 3 paragraphs to explain jesus invented christianity.

*** w97 7/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

Jesus provided other examples of people being divided, or separated. Recall that he said concerning the broad road that leads to destruction: "Many are the ones going in through it." (Matthew 7:13) That was not a comment just about the final outcome. It was a comment about an ongoing development, just as is true now of the few finding the cramped road leading off into life. Recall, too, that when sending out the apostles, Jesus said that they would find some who would be deserving. Others would not be deserving, and the apostles were to shake the dust off their feet "for a witness against" such people. (Luke 9:5) Is it not true that something similar happens as Christians carry on their public ministry today? Some respond well, whereas others reject the divine message that we are bringing.

The awnser if similar yes. Does simiular mean indenticle? No.

*** w97 7/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

Finally, Christ?s spirit-anointed brothers have spearheaded the worldwide preaching of the Kingdom message. As people hear it and react favorably or unfavorably, they are identifying themselves. We humans cannot, and we should not, say, ?This person is a sheep; that one a goat,? in the sense conveyed in Matthew chapter 25. Still, our exposing people to the good news allows them to show where they stand?what they are and how they react to Jesus? brothers. Hence, like mounting evidence for a court case, the division between those who support Jesus? brothers and those who refuse to support them is becoming evident. (Malachi 3:18) As The Watchtower showed, Jesus will soon sit on his throne and pronounce sentence, people being judicially separated in a final sense to life or to cutting-off.

So one more time. Jesus brothers are plain ole "born again" christians. This is nothing different than "christendom" teaches. So what does this have to do with requirement to do preaching. Nothing.

The watchtower has imploded the jw doctrine. The only thing they dont tell you is non anoited people are not "christians" (people filled with holy spirit). They are irrelevant to the equation. That is the weird thing about christianity Jesus never address what happens to those that are not "christians" other than saying he has "other sheep".
  • garybuss
    garybuss

XQ, Isn't the importance of 1914 now ONLY related to the appointment doctrine? By the way, how did the appointment get moved from 1918 to 1919? I know it happened but I guess I never heard why or exactly when.

If the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation was only appointed in 1919, what was Charles Russell's role? Non-appointed channel? How was the Watch Tower magazine prior to 1919 different than any other religious magazine. It was non-inspired PLUS non-appointed . . . . what was it's value?

• laurelin
    laurelin

I was around when they made that change and it did have an impact on me. My dad who died in '97 had a lot to say about it. He and I (although he'd been ill for years) always thought he'd live to see Armageddon and when they changed the meaning it put that certainty into great doubt (Obviously he didn't). I got all upset about it and hot under the collar as I do and I remember he said to me: "Well it doesn't matter. I'm not serving God because he can save me. I'm serving God because I owe it to him for giving me life in the first place." It shut me up at the time. But not for long!

• boa
    boa

XQ, thanks for putting that picture together on the current christendom religion of jws. I never would have had the time, nor brains to connect those dots....

The change on 95 and the resultant QFRs are one piece of the mosaic that is exjwboa....I had never seen so many QFRs dancing around this subject so I figured SOMETHING was up in dubland though all the dubs around me weren't saying peep....they either didn't notice or were talking quietly about it and NOT to a reg pio/ms who was pretty dogmatic

Thank gawd they published that in 95 - just when the net' was getting going for the public - they SAVED so many of us from their insanity lol!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I just had to chime in on this one. I remember when I first discovered this change on the internet several years ago, I didnt realize the seriousness of this, sure I knew that it meant they were changing their view of the 1914 generation, but what I didnt really comprehend at the time was the fact that they lied on God. They stated it was "his" promise but in actuallity it was theirs and they were the ones proven wrong on the 1914 generation, the more I think about this, the more im convinced this is pure blasphemy.

Dave

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Dave - THat's my point EXACTLY!

XQ - Thanks for all the great information - I was wondering how they flipped that script!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thats right bubbamar, they told a lie on God, the nerve of them! I think I will bring this up to my father when I see him, this viewpoint my stir up some doubt in him. The only way to get to them is just show them their own twisted doctrine, you can talk till youre blue in the face about pedophiles, united nations and other issues and they will call them flat out lies, but show them something from their own literature and just maybe some seeds of doubt can be planted.

Dave

• catchthis
    catchthis

If you think that is strange, you should hear the second to last talk at this summer's DC on Saturday. The speaker goes through the last 80 or so years of "doctrinal changes"(aka, New Light) and talks briefly about the separating of the sheep and the goats in 1995 but totally missed out on the Generation change, IN THAT SAME YEAR!! Me thinks the Society did that on purpose for this manuscript talk. They didn't want to rattle to many feathers. But c'mon, the generation change was by far the most hard hitting of all changes in the last 80 years. I will write more on the assembly later once I get all of my notes in front of me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit