The latest buzz phrase from Bethel

by SadElder 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SadElder
    SadElder

Have heard recently from some Bethel folks that a new buzz phrase is being tossed around from the Bethel breakfast table. "Jehovah and Jesus are in charge so no one will ever be damaged permanently."

Guess this means elders, CO's, DO's, the Bethel CIA (AKA the Service Department) all can do whatever they want, to whomever they want, in any manner they want, and it will be OK because Jehovah will not let anyone be damaged permanently.

Oh Boy, here we go again.

Beat the sheep with complete disregard.

Dr. J

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

WHO is Phillip Brumley?

Danny sez: AKA "Charlie Manson without the look" thats my 'catchphrase'

ยป Theologically,Jehovah's Witnesses are a cult of Christianity.The oppressive organization does not represent historical, Biblical Christianity in any way. Sociologically, it is a destructive cult whose false teachings frequently result in spiritual and psychological abuse, as well as needless deaths.Sad elder,thanks for the topic i got oddles of WT$ catchphrases.

• metatron
    metatron

Logically then, the "preaching work" is also a waste of time. Jehovah and Jesus will

just sort it out.

and then there's Jesus' words about stumbling in Matt 18:6-9 that Watchtower

'Theocrats' ignore.

metatron

• Scully
    Scully

Sad Elder writes:

"Jehovah and Jesus are in charge so no one will ever be damaged permanently."

Well, of course not!! The New System?, which is Just Around The Corner? and Coming Soon? will fix all that damage up real nice.

Guess this means elders, CO's, DO's, the Bethel CIA (AKA the Service Department) all can do whatever they want, to whomever they want, in any manner they want, and it will be OK because Jehovah will not let anyone be damaged permanently.

I wonder if this is also a very subtle suggestion that any "damages" inflicted by a Brother? are irrelevant in the "grand scheme of things", and please stop bringing lawsuits against the Society (so we don't have to pay "damages") because Jehovah will fix everything in the New System?.

Love, Scully

• Scully
    Scully

heh heh... also... wouldn't it be fun to throw that phrase back in their faces when they start complaining about having to pay out large sums of money in "damages" to child abuse victims?? We could say: Well, didn't Brother So-and-So say that "Since Jehovah and Jesus are in charge, no one will ever be permanently damaged"?? Suck it up Brothers, the damage to your bank accounts isn't permanent!!

Love, Scully

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

Actually, at the last Circuit Assembly I heard a similar thing. The speaker (The CO i think) said that we should remain loyal to the organization and that if we were hurt or damaged somehow, that it was not permanent since the new system is so near and it's gonna fix everything .

• searcher
    searcher

How easy it is for a certain mentality to justify any and all abuse.

If I slap someone across the face, it would not damage them permanently, that doesnt make it right though, does it?

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Using this line of reasoning, why would they even protest the Russia ban?

Typical "wait on Jerhover" horsesh*t, a phrase that only applies when something isn't hurting the bottom line.

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder how that "thinking" harmonizes with these words of Jesus?

Matthew 25:42-46

42 For I became hungry, but YOU gave me nothing to eat, and I got thirsty, but YOU gave me nothing to drink. 43 I was a stranger, but YOU did not receive me hospitably; naked, but YOU did not clothe me; sick and in prison, but YOU did not look after me.? 44 Then they also will answer with the words, ?Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and did not minister to you?? 45 Then he will answer them with the words, ?Truly I say to YOU , To the extent that YOU did not do it to one of these least ones, YOU did not do it to me.? 46 And these will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous ones into everlasting life."
  • Fleur
    Fleur
    heh heh... also... wouldn't it be fun to throw that phrase back in their faces when they start complaining about having to pay out large sums of money in "damages" to child abuse victims?? We could say: Well, didn't Brother So-and-So say that "Since Jehovah and Jesus are in charge, no one will ever be permanently damaged"?? Suck it up Brothers, the damage to your bank accounts isn't permanent!!

Love, Scully

beautiful, Scully! Reminds me of Homer Simpson, his roasted pig flying through the air after Lisa sabotages his barbeque in protest: "It's just a little airborne, it's still good, it's still good!" The pig is about to hit the ground, boys, and it's not gonna be good. The only way they will feel the 'damage' done to the flock under their tender mercies will be to drain Thy Holy Bank Accounts, that's for sure. Somehow I don't think "Jehovah" will be so quick to refill those for them. this really frosts my cookies. the "magic sky dad will wave a wand and make all the bad things that have happened go away" just doesn't fly with those of us who long since stopped believing in the tooth fairy, the divine choosing of the Governing Body and the easter bunny. We're old enough to know now that monsters aren't in our closets. They're in New York.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit