Sickening!

by glitter 22 Replies latest jw friends

• glitter
    glitter

Yeah, I said "What about the Holocaust and all the other persecution?" - none of that counts as starving to death apparently as "We can expect to be jailed or killed for our beliefs"

The newbie brother also said (when I brought up failed prophecy) "I know a brother who lives down South who had to sell his house and move into a mobile home because he didn't arrange a pension because he expected Armageddon to arrive before he retired. The Society didn't tell him not to get a pension, he doesn't blame Jehovah, he's still a Witness."

It's insanity.

Thanks for the WT article Latte. No he's not called Graham, Qwerty, but I know who you mean I think.

• glitter
    glitter

Oh and also if Jehovah is in the business of throwing sandwiches at faithful poor people, why doesn't he pull faithful people out of the way of runaway trucks or y'know protect faithful little kids from faithful-JW pedophiles?

I'm so relieved I'm not being poisoned by the WT - I never thought anything as terrible as that about fellow human beings when I was in (y'know, apart from hoping 6 billion of them would be blown to smithereens to I could play with a lion).

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

HI GLITTER.

I READ YOUR POST ABOUT SOMEONE SAYING "THE SOCIETY DIDN'T TELL HIM TO NOT HAVE A PENSION" AS A RESPONSE FROM A JW.

I DON'T KNOW IF THIS SAME TALK WAS GIVEN AT ALL THE CONVENTIONS BUT WHEN I WAS AT A CONVENTION IN OGDEN UTAH THERE WAS A TALK IN WHICH THIS STATEMENT WAS DELIVERED TO THE SEVERAL THOUSAND THERE.

DO YOU HAVE A RETIREMENT ACCOUNT? IF YOU DO, YOU ARE SHOWING NO RELIANCE IN JEHOVAH.

THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE LATE 1980'S.

WHETHER THIS WAS FROM THE SPEAKER HIMSELF OR A PART OF THE OUTLINE, I DO NOT KNOW.

I WONDER HOW THIS SPEAKER FEELS NOW OR IF HE FEELS ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT HIS STATEMENT??

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit