Sickening!

by glitter 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Did you get his name or is there any way you can get his name?

If you really want to screw around with him, then write a letter to the WTS and the local congregation (Make sure the bottom of each letter indicates a CC to the other). Explain to them what was said and ask if this is really true, that they believe that no "true Christian" has ever died of famine. Also express your disgust at such a notion.

At best, you will receive a visit from the elders apologizing... at worst the person will get an ugly scolding in private by the elders that you will never hear about.

Either way the guy is gonna get ripped a new one.

• jgnat
    jgnat

These neophytes should read their own literature more carefully. Their leaders only promise spiritual health. They are not guaranteed protection from physical harm while following their beliefs - believers must be willing to endure beatings, imprisonment, starving, or bleeding to death. Until paradise, of course. Then everything will be all right.

The Watchtower

, January 1, 1964, p. 13: "Hitler, a Roman Catholic, the arm of his church in Germany, forbade Jehovah's witnesses to preach the kingdom of God, and these modern-day Christians had to say to Hitler's Gestapo police: 'Whether it is righteous in the sight of God to listen to you rather than to God, judge for yourselves.' They kept preaching even though 10,000 of them were put in concentration camps and over 4,000 died there. The rest nearly starved to death. The war's end aided their survival."
    http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/howmany.htm

I wrote to the Society for an assignment in Utah. We moved and served where the need was great on a starvation diet with two little boys. We started the work in Beaver and worked with Cedar City and later with the Bountiful Congregation when we almost starved to death in those small Mormon towns. In the Salt Lake area it was very slow to have the brothers accept us. I had to make an impression with my record of success to prove I was worthy of their recognition. - Phil Benson
    http://www.exjws.net/pioneers/benson.htm

..Though outlawed, the 22,000 Witnesses in Malawi still refused to buy cards and still moved from hut to hut extolling the Kingdom of God......According to Awake, the official publication of the sect in New York, between ten and sixty Witnesses were killed in Malawi and another 350 died in the squalid conditions of the Zambia refugee camp...
    http://archive.thenation.com/Summaries/v217i0002_08.htm

Even months before Malawi gained its independence on July 6, 1964, the Christian witnesses of Jehovah, from January to March 1964, experienced a wave of brutal violence and ruthless persecution because of their stand in this matter. At that time 1,081 of their homes and more than 100 of their Kingdom Halls were burned down or otherwise demolished. Also, 588 fields of maize (corn), millet, beans, casava and cotton were destroyed. Many Witnesses were hospitalized, women were raped, and eight Witnesses died from beatings or were killed outright. For weeks many of these persecuted Christians had to sleep out in the open wilderness bush with hardly anything to eat, while enduring the rigors of the rainy season and the threat of snakes and other wild animals.
    http://www.jwfiles.com/malawi.htm

Dr. Carl J. Saphier led a study at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York, NY, of the maternal death rate among Jehovah's Witnesses. The report indicates a death rate of 521 deaths per 100,000 live births--a rate nearly 44 times higher than that among the general US population. The precision of that number is in doubt because it was based on only two deaths. Sr. Saphier said "The findings imply that special care is required for women who are Jehovah's Witnesses, including special counseling prior to delivery, methods of minimizing the blood loss at delivery, and fast treatment for any hemorrhage."
    http://www.religioustolerance.org/medical2.htm

In June 1985, 10 year-old boy by the name of Dai Suzuki died of blood loss. His parents were Jehovah's Witnesses. Dai was hit by a dump truck and sustained open fractures of both legs with rapid blood loss. The parents refused blood transfusion against doctor's advice. Dai died in 5 hours after the accident. This was not the first case of death due to refusal of blood transfusion by Jehovah's Witnesses in Japan. Still, this case gathered nation-wide attention, mainly because of the age of the child and the way the media dealt with the case. The way these parents defended their decision appeared incomprehensible to the general public in Japan. Many critical articles and books on this religion appeared around that time. This incidence gave a wake-up call to Japan where the number of Jehovah's Witnesses were already exploding. After this incidence, there have been a number of media reports regarding the deaths of Witnesses and their family due to refusal of blood transfusion.
    http://www.jwic.com/historyj.htm

Threats Against Lawyers Wife and Young ChildrenIt is believed that the Uzbek authorities are behind anonymous night-time telephone calls and continuing threats being made against the wife and young children of Rustam Satdanov, a lawyer forced to flee Uzbekistan and seek political asylum in the USA for his work defending Jehovah's Witnesses. Satdanov received political asylum on 11 May. His wife, Asiya Satdanova, and their young children, who are still in Tashkent, told Forum 18 News Service that they are being anonymously threatened with "serious difficulties" if Satdanov does not return immediately to Uzbekistan. He himself told Forum 18 that if he returns the authorities would, using fabricated criminal charges, punish him for defending religious believers.
    www.persecution.org

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I GUESS THIS IDIOT DIDN'T HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT THE NAZI GERMAN CONCENTRATION CAMPS, WHERE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE DIED OF GRADUAL STARVATION.

THIS INCLUDED THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESS THAT WERE PRISONERS.

ISN'T A MIX OF ARROGANCE AND IGNORANCE IN SOMEONE WHO COMES TO YOUR DOOR AND TRIES TO TEACH YOU, A MOST INFURIATING ENCOUNTER??

THEY NEED A GOOD KICK IN THE ASS, AS THEY SCUTTLE OFF YOUR PORCH.

Outoftheorg

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

What about that sister that was shot in the back of the head and then had her baby cut out of her stomach? I guess, Jehovah provided her breakfast that morning but let her be murdered in the afternoon. What about lunch?

Somthings just dont add up? If one thing is to hold true to test, it is that Jehovah does not provide any protection to anyone. No matter who we are or are not.

My head is still in a whirlwind of things that I was taught and things that just dont compute logically. One moment we are told to be like the Boreans and test what we are taught, next we are told to have faith and stay away from the Internet. One day we are told to pray to Jehovah daily, next we are told that we can only pray for spiritual things, even though I am a physical being. One day we are told that the sun shines on the righteous and the unrighteous, next we are taught that will provide his servants with at the very least 'sustanence and covering', which happens to be a physical thing which we are not to pray for....my head is starting to hurt now.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Outoftheborg, I was just going to post that and saw your post. I'm sure many JWs died in the concentration camps due to starvation. The only thing is that the JWs today would most likely dispute that saying something like......"then they weren't "true" christians".

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Yet at our circuit assembly last march, we had a brother from one of those african countries say how Jehovah saved him

when the gun was at his head & he mentioned Jehovah!

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

WELL YOU KNOW WILDHORSES, THE JW'S AREN'T TRUE CHRISTIANS.

SO I GUESS THEY WOULD BE RIGHT IN SAYING THAT.

BUT THEY WERE TRUE TO THE WBTS OR THEY WOULDN'T BE IN THE PRISONS.

I GUESS JEHOVAH DIDN'T KNOW THAT.

GETS KINDA CONFUSING DOESN'T IT.

Outoftheorg

• Corvin
    Corvin
    "you can be sure no true christians have died due to famine"

. . . the other JW backed him up and said Jehovah always provides and will step in.

I now cast back, as it were, to the year 1980. I was 13 years old. We were so destitute that all of my mom's money went to pay the rent. We had only a few dollars, litterally, to last us for 3 weeks. We shared a can of tomatoe soup once a day. Jehovah did not send mana from heaven, neither did he provide a thing for us to eat. It was my mother that provided. Not one JW, not even my JW relatives, offerred a single dime or a bag of groceries to us knowing that we were going without. So all I can say is "WTF are they talking about?"

Corvin

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

The first century Christians were torn apart by lions for sport for the pagan Romans.

I have been an adolescent emaciated and near death from toxic bowel syndrome caused by life long ulcerative colitis.

I once went nearly two weeks with no food because I was too sick to eat.

It was the"pagan" Catholic Hospital that showed me charity (no insurance) and saved my life.

"Bend over jehover",Undaunted Danny

• qwerty
    qwerty

Glitter

Did he call himself Graham, the JW? Mmmmmm you say he's been in for about 4 years.

I guess he is saying a normal WT twisted thinking thing!......... No true Christian as ever starved. "True" being the catch in that if some who supposed to be a true Christian starved then- they could not have been true Christians in the first place! Get what I mean ?

Qwerty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit