Has Anyone Read the "Left Behind" series

by TallTexan 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• Princess
    Princess
    Because God's way is not our way.

Yet we are made in his image...interesting. You must be right though, I'm not bloodthirsty.

• gumby
    gumby
    Because God's way is not our way.

God tells us all about him and his purposes, but never lets us in on the things we wonder the most......kinda funny. He doesn't tell us why he lets his kids die........gee.....I wished my dad was like he was!!!!! Yizuman......you told od modern day examples of TV's and the media to expose your savior and leave no explanation for the thousands of years god left his kids in the dark as to his son ....your saviour. Would a father like that behave that way? Why? Princess.....of course I think about you two.........but I think about you more than Steve cuz you have a cute'r butt than he does Gumby

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    God tells us all about him and his purposes, but never lets us in on the things we wonder the most......kinda funny. He doesn't tell us why he lets his kids die........gee.....I wished my dad was like he was!!!!! Yizuman......you told od modern day examples of TV's and the media to expose your savior and leave no explanation for the thousands of years god left his kids in the dark as to his son ....your saviour. Would a father like that behave that way? Why?

Many things happened that left us wondering why, I often wondered why many times myself. But I don't let my "whys" delude my trust in Him because I know that He knows what he is doing. We may never understand why these things happen, but I know God allows these things to happen for a reason. It's ok to ask why, even Jesus questioned God the day he hung on the cross, "My God! My God! Why have you forsaken me?" But here's another good question, why isn't the world doing something about it? I've asked that to many Christians who go to church and then go home. I've asked them why aren't we just going out in the streets and making a difference for the people around us that doesn't know Jesus as Lord and Savior? It upsets me seeing so many lazy Christians not doing anything to make a world of a difference. Had we all went out and did something, I think we could have solved alot of things, such as world hunger and homelessness. I'm just one man, I can only do so much by myself and if I have some friends help me out, we can only do so much and yet do so little. It's frustrating. Yiz

• El Kabong
    El Kabong
    That story actually happened a couple of years ago... Some jerk dressed up as Jesus, dressed up a bunch of blow up dolls in white gowns and stuffed them the bed of his pickup truck while netting them down. So he drives down somewhere on the street, stopped his truck, got out, grabbed a release string, walked a few paces, started waving at people driving by and then yanked the release string. The blow up dolls then floated up into the air while this jerk dressed up as Jesus was waving and smiling.. This caused some lady to see all this and stops her car. She then starts jumping up and down trying to go with "them", she ran out in front of a car and got killed in the process. I don't see this one dang funny about this since a caused a person to die in a accident. What makes me mad was this jerk never was charged with anything. So I bet this heartless jerk chuckled his way home. Yiz

Yiz: Sorry to have to tell you. That story is an urban legend and has been proven false.

http://www.snopes.com/religion/rapture.htm

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Yiz: Sorry to have to tell you. That story is an urban legend and has been proven false.

DOH! Got me again. Snopes is so good at finding out these things, I don't know how he does that. Thanks for the heads up. Glad a women really didn't die from this joke. Yiz

• gumby
    gumby
    We may never understand why these things happen, but I know God allows these things to happen for a reason.

So then.....there is a GOOD REASON why god has let people starve to death by the millions and suffer untold misery since man has walked the earth? God says he desires none to be destroyed.......yet he doesn't get his desire fullfilled. Is he missing something? What possible "good reason" could there be to allow little kids to starve to death by the millions over the centuries? Gumby

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Gumby said:

there is a GOOD REASON why god has let people starve to death by the millions

Yes, that good reason might have to do with human greed. How many reports do we have of "rulers" hijacking food supplies destined for the people of their country, in order to sell it on the black market?

Sometimes I think that God gets too much blame for the crap the humans do to each other.

As far as belonging or not belonging to the "salvation club." The true question is not, "How come God does not save everyone?", but "why does God save any at all?" According to the Bible, we (the human race) and are all sinners. As sinners we cannot have intimate fellowship with God. Therefore, we must be banned from his presence. Total separation from God. Something that I cannot imagine, since God's common grace (ie. sunlight, rain, etc.) falls upon all, the saved and the unsaved.

Just my two cents. I'm not looking for a debate, or a flame war.

LABD

• logansrun
    logansrun

It's threads like this that make me glad I'm a Taoist.

Bradley

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

"The Left That Is Not Left Within the 10,000 Things" would be a very boring book series, Logan.

(probably why Chinese taoists added on some many cool superhero/supervillain gods into their pantheon)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit