Funny Experience, just wanted to share

by dorothy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• dorothy
    dorothy

I have long laughed about this so when I saw it, it was pretty funny. Maybe you had to be there.

I was on the city bus this morning, on my way to school. (I'm in college) Anyway, I saw a guy reading a Watchtower and I was wondering if he was a real dubbie or had just picked up the magazine off the seat or something. Then I looked up, he was wearing a baseball cap that said "City Wide Window Cleaning". It was funny. His shirt had a crest that said the same thing. The little things are so much more amusing since joining this board...

• freein89
    freein89

Dorothy, Well, I got my laugh for the morning. You should have set him up with a chance to get some "incidental witnessing" in. Would a made his day. Deb

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Window cleaner?!? He must have been an Elder.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Cleaning is about the only thing witnesses can do since getting a college education is frowned upon. I wonder what the percentage of jobs related to cleaning support the individual witnesses? Probably about 1/3 anyway.

Balsam

• johnathanseagull
    johnathanseagull

That's soooo funny hehehe, yeah back in my JW days, the JW's almost had a monopoly on cleaning shop windows in my city.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I bet that would have made a great picture!

In my cong. while growing up, there were 3 Brothers that each had cleaning businesses, and one that had a car cleaning and detailing business, and I likewise did my stint cleaning while I was pioneering.

Talk about stereotypes!!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

And that is exactly why everyone should own a camera phone!

• wednesday
    wednesday

well i know it is not an exciting carer, but when i did cleaning, i made a lot more money than i did as a RN. I cleaned apartments, and worked fast, and did quite well, averaging about 50 an hour. never made that as a RN, except one night on new years eve, working for a temp agency.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I here you Doroty : yeah the way we see them makes now can be funny sometimes

Now a bit off topic :

What's wrong with window cleaners ? (first of all)
    We need them or get ready to get a very unclean TOWN ...
    Maybe they are not paid enough !

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

D'accord babyface, but the I think the problem is that for many witnesses, they just didn't have many other chances to do anything else. There's nothing wrong with earning an honest living. I've had a lot of wierd jobs before I got the training I needed to do what I wanted to do, and sometimes I think if I could get paid the same to clean as to do this, I might just take a cleaning job.

Again, I think the thing is, that a lot of witnesses just don't have many other options, and that is a shame, and it is, unfortunately a stereotype with some truth behind it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit