Watchtower Murder Letter

by allpoweredup 35 Replies latest jw friends

• allpoweredup
    allpoweredup

http://www.silentlambs.org/education/92_murder_letter.cfm Note: Watchtower tells Jehovah?s Witness elders what to do:

Watchtower Bible And Tract Society of New York, Inc

Dear Brothers:.

We received your letter of December 17 in which you inquire about handling a situation involving a brother who has been guilty of serious violation of the law in the past.

You explained that you received information indicating that this brother ?committed several murders and crimes before his baptism.? You ask if ? law obligates some action on our part. law enforcement authorities have no knowledge of this matter.?

As elders, you have no obligation to reveal information of this type to the authorities. Any information that you have obtained while fulfilling your duties as elders is strictly confidential. What he does about paying his debt to Society is largely up to him and his conscience. Since he is apparently a fugitive from the law, he obviously would not qualify for any extra privileges of service in the congregation.

You state that you have ?one report of his smoking marijuana with his co-workers which may have been after his baptism.? We assume that is the reason that you feel a need to meet with him. Since he is a dedicated brother and he is presently attending the meetings, there is a need to investigate to determine if some type of congregation activity is necessary. Likely the best approach is to arrange for two elders to talk to him informally to make some discreet inquiries about his current conduct. If there appears to be substantial evidence of serious wrongdoing, then a committee should be formed to hear the case.

As we believe you understand, it is imperative that the elders maintain strict confidentiality about his past. If the elders inadvertently reveal his past wrongdoing, undoubtedly it will result in major repercussions to him and his wife. So handling this case calls for good judgment and discernment. We trust you brothers can handle things appropriately. Write to us again if you need further direction.

We pray Jehovah?s direction as you endeavor to fulfill your weighty responsibilities as shepherds of the flock. We send our warm Christian love.

Watchtower Bible And Tract Society

• allpoweredup
    allpoweredup

Their parting line "Warn Christian Love" makes my blood curl, it is so cold. Yours too, eh.

• kls
    kls

Honestly , what the hell is wrong with these people. They constantly put their flock at risk of pedophiles and murders and will shun the best of people. I mean it, how damn stupid can they be.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

APU, what REALLY takes tha cake on this one is.....as long as the "dirty secret" is kept quiet, NO ACTION will be taken.....BUT....if the secret gets out, action will THEN be taken against the guilty party.....ie: what witlesses don't know won't hurt 'em, but if they DO know, the borg hasta do somethin' about it, eh? I suppose in this manner, the borg feels that it keeps the congregations "clean".......yeah...right....

And it's the same about child molesters within the borganization.

Frannie B

• Corvin
    Corvin

C'mon. Is that letter for real?

this brother ?committed several murders and crimes before his baptism.? You ask if ? law obligates some action on our part. law enforcement authorities have no knowledge of this matter.?

As elders, you have no obligation to reveal information of this type to the authorities. Any information that you have obtained while fulfilling your duties as elders is strictly confidential. What he does about paying his debt to Society is largely up to him and his conscience. Since he is apparently a fugitive from the law, he obviously would not qualify for any extra privileges of service in the congregation.

You state that you have ?one report of his smoking marijuana with his co-workers which may have been after his baptism.? We assume that is the reason that you feel a need to meet with him. Since he is a dedicated brother and he is presently attending the meetings, there is a need to investigate to determine if some type of congregation activity is necessary. Likely the best approach is to arrange for two elders to talk to him informally to make some discreet inquiries about his current conduct. If there appears to be substantial evidence of serious wrongdoing, then a committee should be formed to hear the case.

As we believe you understand, it is imperative that the elders maintain strict confidentiality about his past. If the elders inadvertently reveal his past wrongdoing, undoubtedly it will result in major repercussions to him and his wife. So handling this case calls for good judgment and discernment. We trust you brothers can handle things appropriately. Write to us again if you need further direction.

Do not turn this maniac in to the authorities for murder, but if you find out he is smoking pot then you have our blessing to bust his ass.

Warm Christian Vomit,

Corvin

• Lehaa
    Lehaa
    As elders, you have no obligation to reveal information of this type to the authorities.

I thinketh the law would disagree. Doesn't that make the elders an accesory arter the fact.

?committed several murders and crimes before his baptism.?

Did he come into the organisation with a clean conscience. I don't think so. Should not have been baptised at all.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Corvin,

Do not turn this maniac in to the authorities for murder, but if you find out he is smoking pot then you have our blessing to bust his ass.

That's what I was thinking, too. Talk about some wack priorities! Cheezus!

SNG

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

This reminded me of an elder in my first hall who has since moved elsewhere. A few years back he was telling me, over a couple of beers, that a ministerial servant in his new hall used to belong to a bike gang, and had killed some people before he was a JW by throwing some explosives into their house. He sounded like he was actually proud of this guy!

He was also one of the elders who counselled me for having a moustache and a two door van.

They have a VERY fucked up sense of what's right and wrong!

As Corvin said, "Warm Christian Vomit". That's what they are.

Walter

• observador
    observador

Or if ...

he masturbates unrepentantly or...

he celebrates aniversaries or...

he celebrates christimas or...

he dates a non-JW or...

he joins the military....

then you have our blessing to bust his ass.

What a religion!

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Corvin, that was my take on it as well... what a crock of feces

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit