I am no longer the only one in Knoxville

by Junction-Guy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Bingo!! After nearly 3 1/2 years living in this "dead zone" they call knoxville I have finally met up with someone local from the board. Her name is michelle and she is from Louisiana and has just recently started posting here. She seemed like a really nice person and we had a long talk about our experiences growing up in the organization. Its about time someone local has come to this board, I have felt like the lone "apostate" for the last several years. Anyway I just thought I would share this.

Dave

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

That is nice ... .

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Junction Guy

You are one of the lucky ones to have a friend from this board live in your area.

Seems like I'm the only one in the Pittsburgh, PA area here...................all the other dubs are loyal to the borg............guess I'm a very very bad person..........LOL

HappyDad

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Cool,

I'll actually be in Knoxville for two days on 9 and 10 July. No promises, but if you want to call and meet for a drink or something send me a PM.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    I'll actually be in Knoxville for two days on 9 and 10 July. No promises, but if you want to call and meet for a drink or something send me a PM

There ya go big guy. Seems things are looking up for you. Have a mini apostafest at that time, and best wishes. Bug

• Ciara
    Ciara
    met up with someone local from the board. Her name is michelle and she is from Louisiana and has just recently started posting here

Okay Junction-Guy, you're weirding me out here. My name is Michelle, originally from Louisiana, and I just started posting here. I'm also looking to relocate to Knoxville( with my husband). I know I haven't spoken to you before, though.

I feel like a loner down here in Alabama, too.

Ciara Confused

• Balsam
    Balsam

The EX-Jehovah Witness Meet-UP is a great way of meeting folks in your area. We did that and have gained may new friends. You all check it out for your area.

Balsam

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Whew! I thought this was going to be some kinda "day after" scenario playing out in Bluegrass country! "Come west, but carefully!, small groups of survivors have fashioned a pyramid out of glass scraps and have the makings of a crude music industry. Be sure to bring lots of salt pork and a banjo, or they'll kill you and eat you". "Whatever you do, make a wide berth of Nashville".

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    "Whatever you do, make a wide berth of Nashville

Awwwwww, come on Sixy, haven't you heard the song by Alabama ?? "If you're gonna play in Texas you gotta have a fiddle in the band. " Go to Billy Bobs and get some kickin music and look at the cowgirls in tight pants. Bug

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

HEY NOW STOP THAT! I used to live in Knoxville and I do NOT play a banjo.

er.. I play a dulcimer.. but anyway I grew up farther up in the hills then Knoxville. We thought Knoxville was Metropolis when me and my friends were growing up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit