Muslim children play beheading game to learn how to behead...

by dolphman 15 Replies latest social current

• dolphman
    dolphman

I think several things have to happen:

1. Give the Palestinians some form of self-goverment

2. Get out of Saudi Arabia. We can still buy their oil from them, but we can at least get rid of our troops stationed there. Move them all to Quatar. Just get them out of the holy land.

3. Reform Saudi Arabia. In other words raise their standard of living and stop the spread of Wahabbism.

These things alone will radically change everything. But, it doesn't mean radical islam can be defeated. My fear is that unless they embrace democracy and the freedoms it brings, radical islam will only get stronger in some places. And when it does, it'll want to return to the height of it's power, the 15 century. And that could mean war for us NO MATTER WHAT WE DO. This is the point I try to make to people. We have to keep an eye on them.

Most muslims in the US are fine, so it does seem to me if we reduce some of the symptoms we could find a cure. We'll have to hope and see.

• bigboi
    bigboi

The main problem with this thread is the stunningly ignorant way the author of the first thread tries to use a children's game to vilify an entire group of people and their culture. It's sickening.

• Simon
    Simon

Dolphman.

Don't you get it? The reason people in those countries hate America is because of the cruel and greedy regimes that America props up!

At first glance it doesn't seem to make sense - the 'friendly' (to America) Arab countries foster some of the most anti-US feeling precisely because of what they see is American indifference to their unjust society with massive inequality of wealth (that isn't shared enough) and the fact that the people in power are only there because they suck up to the US.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Simon: What countries do America "props up" that no other western nation as not recognized or deals with already? And what about the countries America has propped up where they got it right? Does that count? What about Cuba? All European countries help "prop up" Cuba by tourism and trading, except America.

The fact is every world power in history has had a history of resistence. All Nations have had dealings with "bad" nations in the past, remember Hitler? Today?s friends become tomorrow?s enemies in Nation relationships, so what is new?

How can we use context in world history to battle this evil? That is the real concerns......

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

I just love playing the "its your fault game"

Obviously its Britians fault for A) Winning WWI- thus ending the Ottoman empires control of the Middile East. B) Then we have the Iraqi's rebelling in the 20's against the British [Current Iraq problem is no doubt Britians fault] C) Then we have Britian beating Germany in WWII, and Hitler was doing such a good job of getting rid of the Jews! D) Then good ol Britian helps establish Isreal!

OBVIOUSLY its Britians fault.

Its your fault no its your fault- Hey WAIT A MINUTE. LITTLE KIDS ARE PLAYING LETS BEHEAD PEOPLE.

There is Something WRONG with that and yet here people start up again blaming the U.S. Nooo it cant be the parents fault...it has to be someone elses fault!

I keep forgetting how perfect the British are.....

• dolphman
    dolphman
    The main problem with this thread is the stunningly ignorant way the author of the first thread tries to use a children's game to vilify an entire group of people and their culture. It's sickening.

Ever read a palestinian's or saudi arabian's school textbook? You're right. It is sickening.

Don't you get it? The reason people in those countries hate America is because of the cruel and greedy regimes that America props up!

Naw, I don't get it. Either do you. You can't have it both ways Simon. If we go and install a democracy in a country, we're immediately considered imperialist colonialist. And, when we don't and have to deal with the powers that be in place, we still don't get a break. So, MAKE UP YOUR MIND. What's it going to be?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit