WATCHTOWER - AND THE CREDIT - DEBIT CARDS !!!!!!!!

by Aikon 20 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

man, the Society is so desperate, they'll take food stamps and box tops!

RR

• Dawn
    Dawn

I don't see a problem with accepting debit cards since it's basically the same as withdrawing cash directly from your checking account - just an electronic check.

I DO however have a problem with encouraging people to use their credit cards. The society should be encouraging people to live within their means and not to go into debt. I could see a talk about being a "faithful steward" with the money one is given, but to ask that person to charge what they don't have in order to give to an organization that is already worth millions - that's pretty much on the same level as tele-evangelists I'd say.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    In Britain this year for the District Assembly, the W/T are making collection by Credit and Debit cards.

I feel soon they will not only want a one time donation...but will encourage all the brothers to get on a monthly debit or credit card withdrawl. Naturally this wouldn't be considered tithing???? Would it???

• Fullblast
    Fullblast

I doubt the WT is in financial crisis. They recently ranked among the top 50 biggest income generating compamies in New york city at $950 million. If I remember correctly they came in at number 10.

• RR
    RR

So Bill Gates loses 10 billion dollars .... know what? he's still a billionaire. Fact is the Society is losing money, and so they haave to cut ends.

RR

• core
    core

Cant be long before Brothers in house to house ministry have hand held credit card terminals...................for voluntary donations of course

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I repeat my challange - my call to cameras: Be the first to post a picture of these machines! The winner gets the undying admiration of the thousands of us online here, plus extra Jesus-karma-agnostic-atheist-Buddha points, good for 10% off admission to whatever lies in the great beyond, or nothing, if nothing lies there. To the cameras!!! (brought to you by your friendly Seattle Nice Guy)

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Monthly debet and credit card fixed amount redrawels are common here. Some bigger KHs also have terminals.

• jwsons
    jwsons

The Netherland: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/73036/1.ashx

I think very soon, they will send the security guards going around, first at intermisson time, then during the talks to each aisle with a board hold in hands "Honoring Jehovah by Your Donation"

alt

jwsons

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Today, Mike of the German board stated that there are two terminals at the Munich District Convention for donations by Credit Cards or EC-debit-Cards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit