WATCHTOWER - AND THE CREDIT - DEBIT CARDS !!!!!!!!

by Aikon 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Aikon
    Aikon

Hi Guys.

In Britain this year for the District Assembly, the W/T are making collection by Credit and Debit cards.

Now, the question is are they doing this elsewhere?? E.G. USA, Canada, France, Australia, Ect, Ect.

Please feel free to enter the country of this imoral practise.

Are they encouraging the JW to get in debt????? What a hipocracy... Is this what Jesus Christ condemned??

Aikon

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

Personally, I think its wrong to ask brothers and sisters to donate using credit cards. This is because the brothers and sisters have to pay interest on that money. Then on the other hand, many people do not carry cash on them anymore. Many people use their debit/credit cards.

I think the WT is having financial problems, just like the rest of the world. I know here at home I am digging myself out of credit card debt and I would not charge anything at this point unless it was a dire emergency. I have a gola to be debt free by 2 years.

Since before and after 9/11 the economy has been suffering. We all are feeling the effects, including Watchtower land. They just need to learn how to batten down the hatches like the rest of us. To ask people to use their credit cards in a time when the economy is not fair. We donate less because we have less money. I dont know what to say. It's just a shame.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

There have been past threads on this, and it seems that it is becoming commonplace. And why shouldn't the J-Dubs get more in Debt, by using that mode of making contributions??? They should be able to give all they got to the ORG, after all, Armaggedon is going to be here soon, very soon, and they will not have to pay their debts!!!

Edited to add:

At first I wrote this thinking it may be humorous, but then thought about it, and realized, didn't a lot of those in the org. go into debt right before 1975, by maxing out their credit, and didn't care because they thought the end was so close? Then after 1975 came and went, they frantically tried to figure out how they were then going to survive, and a lot of people got depressed, financially ruined, and eventually left? Looks like the Org. is back to it's old tricks......Dubs will once again give more money to the org. thinking that they may not have to worry about it in the long run. Shame on the Borg....

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

If Jesus came to earth today would he beat the ATM machines with whips made of ropes?

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

This has been mentioned by board member from the Netherlands.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

That Jesus has come to Earth and is beating ATM machines with whips made of ropes!

Why didn't anyone tell me, I could have gotten a Jesus autograph and picture and sold it on EBAY!

• minimus
    minimus

Since the WT. Society is a business, it makes great sense to use the cards. It's all about IMPULSE!!! And it's about GUILT! Even if you don't have the cash, you can now still donate! Even if you don't REALLY have the money, you can still a give a tax deductible gift. The paperwork is there for all to see! My guess is that they will get even more money this way....Whoever suggested this is ought to be commended!

• DireStraitJacket
    DireStraitJacket

>That Jesus has come to Earth and is beating ATM machines with whips made of ropes!
    >Why didn't anyone tell me, I could have gotten a Jesus autograph and picture and sold it on EBAY!

LOL!!
    we got two guys at varsity that look like your average picture of Jesus, with the long hair etc. they sign autographs as jesus if buy them vodka, i'm sure they to would be interested in using credit card machines to further their drinking interests

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I have to wonder if they got tired of hearing "I don't have any cash on me"

• Gordy
    Gordy

Yeah they have probably realised how few people now carry cash around with them.

Be doing it it the Kingdom Hall soon

Hey Aikon how come you got same avatar as me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit