Bad Dates?

by simplesally 25 Replies latest social relationships

• simplesally
    simplesally

Ran across these experiences and thought they were funny:

• Monica, 40, knew she wasn't interested in a guy she met at a speed dating event by the end of the date. "He insisted twice on cracking my back after our goodbye hug," she says, noting she declined his offer for a back adjustment and a second date.
    • Sheryl, 32, was thrilled when a hunky jock asked her out to a dinner theater. The date lost luster when he sang off key along with the musical production, louder than the actors on stage. The topper was his insistence at the end of the night to give her a "little kiss" which she obliged. "It was the worst, sloppiest, saliva filled kiss I ever hand in my entire life."
    • Patty, 41, found her blind date likeable and agreed to go to another restaurant with him for a change of atmosphere. "He ran into his ex-girlfriend, and then leaves for twenty minutes to chat with her. He came back and affectionately touched me, telling me to play along in front of her to make her jealous." Patty said no and left ? quickly.
    • Julie, 39, knew when she first met her blind date that he must have lied about his age. That was enough for her. "The clincher was when he pointed to a young girl sitting down wearing low-slung jeans with a shiny thong and suggested I go ask her where she got her underwear!"

What was one of your worst dates???

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Okay I was only involved in the second date listed and if anyone suggests otherwise those are fightin words.

"Oklahoma where the winds come wiping off the plains"

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Well... I may have been on the receiving end of some of those who were freaked out by me...

I remember one gal... back when I was a good lil' JW boy... and trying to do the right thing...

I took this gal out... okay... the dinner may have not been at the most 'romantic' restuarant... all I could afford was one of those cafeteria-style restaurants (Luby's - here in Texas).

Afterwards... I took her to see a movie... I think Rocky had just been released (The FIRST Rocky, gals... that dates me, eh?).

Then to top off the evening... I took her home.

The next day, I called her - thinking everything went well, and we started talking.

She informed me that she was in the middle of reading... (Oh! WHAT _WAS_ that second book on Revelation... the one that came out AFTER the big red one?)

Anyway... I start discussing the first book on Revelation, making small talk, and I get this from her...

"Look! All I want to be is just 'friends'. So please don't call me again." (click)

Well... as far as I know... we're still friends to this day... I ain't called her back.

You mean experiences like that? Where I embarrassed myself more than I could possible hope to do?... and it came painfully natural?

Regards,

Jim TX

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Well... as far as I know... we're still friends to this day... I ain't called her back.

lmao... prissy beotch!

• Badger
    Badger

I once was on a first date who revealed, after hours of flirtatious teasing, that I "reminded her of her brother" in a bored tone and started bitching about teachers (knowing that I'm one)

She went to the bathroom. I left her with the check.

• simplesally
    simplesally

I had met a guy when skiing up in Northern California. He lived in San Diego and I lived in San Francisco. He wanted to come for a visit, I was housesitting and said he could use the 2nd bedroom. Well, after picking him up at the airport and spending one evening with him I could tell the rest of the weekend was not going to go well. I could not stand him!!!!! Such a faker and definitely looking for a good time.... My friends and I were at a bar with him, very crowded, my girlfriend and I left and he was left with the other co-workers. I left with his luggage still in my car!!

He ended up spending the weekend with one of the other secretaries and she asked me to bring his luggage to work on Monday. They hit it off for a weekend and he had himself a good time.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

1: when I started dating my JW boyfriend, we had dated in a group for several months. He said he wanted to take me on a real date. I was so excited because it would also be my first real date. I went shopping and bought a brand new outfit, I got my hair and nails done. He said he'd pick me up at 6pm and we'd go to an Italian resturant and the movies. I asked him if I should make a reservation since it was a popular resturant. He said no that he'd handle it. So he picks me up at 8:30, 2 and half hours late. His mother and little brother are with him. He obviously hadnt showered. So him and I and his mother and little brother, go to the italian resturant where we find out there is an hour and a half wait. So he says "let's just go get something to eat by the movie theatre". So we end up eating at Carl's Jrs and seeing a movie, and never got to talk to each other because his little brother insisted on telling bad jokes and sticking stuff up his nose.

2: I met a guy at a club and hesitantly gave him my phone number. We talked for about 2 months on the phone before deciding to meet in person again. We decided to go back to the club. After about 30 minutes it became obvious that there was no physical chemistry, not that he was bad looking or anything. I was a little turned off because he was high during the date. So I told him I was tired and going home. He asked to walk me to my car. Then he tried to convince me to stay longer but I was ready to go. When I opened my door he jumped on top of me, knocked me in to my truck and pinned me down. There was a struggle. I eventually fought him off, and I bloodied his nose. When he was finally a safe distance away I asked him what his problem was. To which he responded "well the plan was to basically hit it and split". I told him never to call me again. Then he followed me home, and my roomate went outside and told him to leave.

In my own defense, that is the ONLY time I've ever picked a psycho guy :)

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Bad dates? Seeing this is a xjw site........ 1914, 1925, 1935 ...... 1975... I know. Groan.

How about taking a beautiful women out for dinner and dancing, while there is a heavy rainfall going on, and as you come to the bottom of a hill, you realize the storm drain is plugged and there is a puddle rivaling in size an Olympic swimming pool, only you are going to fast to slow down, so you hit it at full speed, only the wheel wells of your 1976 Toyota Corolla are so rusted out that your date gets deluged with a stream of water that a fireman couldn't reproduce with a 2 inch diameter fire hose.........and by the time you clear the "lake" to high ground, water is literally pouring out the doors, and your date is precariously close to requiring mouth to mouth recisitation.

OK I made that up. It was a 1975 Toyota Corolla

And she still married me

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    And she still married me

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

I never had a bad date.
    Sheila proposed to me the night we met and the rest is history. 20 years of history I might add.

Thunder

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit