DC

by Wolfy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Farkel

LOL the old "grunt, grunt, squirt, squirt" part - never heard it put quite that way :o)

• ianao
    ianao

Grunting...

And Squirting...

And Grunting...

And Squirting...

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

Mulan:

<<And, I LOVED the conventions, not so much for the sessions, but for the socializing>>

Funny... we used to go to Pittsburg @ Three-Rivers, and the Elderberries were always reminding us "young ones" to be mindful of the "program" and not be so concerned with the socialization. One brother stated from the platform that he was tired of seeing all of the teenagers at "Gate A" which is where everyone between the ages of 15 and 25 met to scope out mates (or, "cut one from the herd," as my dad used to say).

I remember seeing girls in slightly too-short or too-tight dresses, overly made up faces & hair, with their phone numbers written in HUGE BLOCK LETTERS on their name badges. It was such a joke. I would have young brothers following me around, trying to find out from my friends which congregation I attended... one young brother got up in the middle of a session to bring me over his suit coat b/c I was cold. Dad didn't think that was as chivalrous as the young man did, and the poor kid got the evil eye...

Yuk, thanks for the memories!

"I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit