"GOD, SAVE US FROM THEM!!"

by patio34 17 Replies latest social current

• Mulan
    Mulan

I planned to see it this weekend, but alas, we are babysitting grandkids. Rachel said she didn't think I should take them with me. (kidding)

I will see it soon though.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Just saw the movie, too. And yes, that is a very powerful moment. Interesting how almost the same words were later said by an American mother. My heart is aching right now for all the mothers, American and Iraqi, who have lost children due to this unjust war.

Patio, I had a similar thought somewhere in the middle of the movie to what you said - this movie is for everyone who loves America.

And Talesin, yes, you will cry.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Looks like its a hit everywhere!

HOLLYWOOD VS. AMERICA
    Michael Moore film
    appeals to terrorists

'Fahrenheit 9/11' gets thumbs-up from Hezbollah

Posted: June 17, 2004
    5:00 p.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Opponents of filmmaker Michael Moore are making the most of an endorsement his Bush-bashing film "Fahrenheit 9/11" received from terrorists affiliated with Hezbollah.

The Guardian of London reported today organizations related to the Middle East-based terrorist network have offered to help promote the film in the United Arab Emirates.

SPONSORED LINKS

The New York Times - as Low as $2.90
    Get world-class reporting and coverage you can't find anywhere else of local, national and world news for as little as $2.90 a week with The New York Times. Get started now.
    www.nytimes.com/sb-subscription

Financial News Online
    CFO delivers news and alerts on tax, accounting, corporate finance, the SEC, and more. Read news stories online or subscribe to the magazine.
    www.cfo.com

The terror-war supporting organization Move America Forward released a statement today saying the news about Hezbollah proves a contention it made about terrorist endorsement of Moore's award-winning documentary.

Earlier this week, Move America Forward Vice Chair Melanie Morgan declared: "It would be more appropriate to have this propaganda shown at al-Qaida training camps rather than American movie theaters."

The organization released an "apology" for Morgan's statement today, saying she didn't go far enough with her criticism.

"I regret that we limited our comments solely to the terrorist organization al-Qaida and failed to mention that other terrorist groups, like Hezbollah, would also rally behind this film," said the group's chairman, Howard Kaloogian.

"'Fahrenheit 9/11' serves one purpose and one purpose only: to undermine the United State's war against terrorism. This is precisely why Move America Forward has asked Americans to register their dissatisfaction with movie theaters that choose to show this film."

Concluded Kaloogian: "Now is the time for Americans to stand united behind the men and women fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan to preserve our safety and national security, not promote the agenda of radical terrorist organizations like Hezbollah."

Tina Brown reviewed the movie for the Washington Post, hammering Moore for his use of "wacky insinuations."

"In Moore's version of Iraq nobody was hanging from a meat hook in Saddam Hussein's jails. Baghdad was a happy city where children frolicked in the streets until boom! we blew them away," she writes.

"The invasion of Afghanistan? That was just a cover for running an oil pipeline across the country. ?"

Related story:

Theaters wary of Michael Moore film

E-mail to a Friend Printer-friendly version

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma
    Michael Moore film
    appeals to terrorists 'Fahrenheit 9/11' gets thumbs-up from Hezbollah

What does it say about bush that the that people from all sides, places, faces, religions, factions, political parties and other terrorist organizations think he is a dangerous idiot at best.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

We wanted to see this movie last night, but it's not playing at our local theaters yet. Instead we saw some movie called "What the $#!& do we know?" I hated it -- the science was bogus IMO.

• Ranch
    Ranch

I want to see it but we live in a very conservative, Republican area. They didn't release it here and I don't believe they ever will. I guess I'll have to travel or wait till it comes on video.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I class myself as a conservative republican but I will try and see the movie because I believe in seeing/hearing all sides of an argument - same as the reason why Crisis Of Conscience should be compulsory reading for every active Jehovah's Witness

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I just got back from seeing it about an hour ago.

It was excellent, and very disturbing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit