"GOD, SAVE US FROM THEM!!"

by patio34 17 Replies latest social current

• patio34
    patio34

"God, save us from them!!"

That was the most profound moment in the must-see movie:

Fahrenheit 911

It was said by a wailing Iraqi woman who had had her family's home bombed.

I just saw this movie and the theater was packed. People were in line for the next showing. A man was talking to people in line offering to pay for their ticket if they saw it.

It was extraordinarily powerful. If you love America, see this movie, in my opinion.

All the best and peace for us all,

Pat

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

its sold out today but i aim to see it tomorrow.

One thing bothers me though. I hear that Moore did not ask Bradbury for permission to use that title, and Bradbury wants it changed because of that. I take exception to someone plagurising (sp?) like that.

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Git!

It seems to me that it would be up to the courts whether its plagerizing or not. It would depend if the one word without "451" (Bradbury) and "911" (Moore) is the same. Apparently, Moore, Miramax, and their attys don't think so.

We got our tickets a few days ago. I'm going Sunday with two of my sons to see it, but will get the tickets tomorrow---I hope!

Let me know what you think of it.

Pat

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hello Git,

I don't think it's plagerizing because it is clearly and intentionally a play on Bradbury's title, in that it hardly makes sense without it. It's like when an advertisement makes a callback to a famous movie or song - the fact that it is a callback is the point. They're not trying to pass it off as original - to do so would lose the meaning.

If Bradbury is upset about this, perhaps it's because he doesn't like the political bent of the film. But to me, it's hardly something worth suing over.

Just my thoughts.

SNG

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Bradbury said he wouldnt sue provided that Moore change the name of his movie and offer an apology and shake his hand. A new version of the movie Farenheit 451 is coming out in a year or two and Ray Bradmury may have not wanted confusion.

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Hi Patio,

Some Democrats are setting up tables to help register voters after the film!

Sabrina

Bush Must Go! For the troops, for the environment, for the country...Bush Must Go!

• patio34
    patio34

Amen, GreenTrees! Save our country!!

Hugs,

Pat

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Just saw the movie patio. It had several powerful moments, but yes, that woman's asking god for help, then asking god where he was in all this, her sincere humanity.... just might help get thru some thick skulls that indeed every human is the same. The movie got an ovation from the packed audience.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Going to see it tomorrow afternoon, can't wait.

• talesin
    talesin

It's gonna make me cry, isn't it? :(

Still, I can't wait to see it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit