I don't know if this would be considered a "scandal" per se...

by CeriseRose 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• RR
    RR

Well, is there going to be a convention IN Yankee Stadium this year?

RR

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

tall texan very interesting they were renting the astro dome for free! i bet they wer asking for donation from the jw's to cover the cost of the rent etc. let me know if i'm right the org allways has a way to say there short of $ for using the arena. sounds like a double dip. by the way any other parking scandels out there . i'm sure there most be more than the tocoma dome... john

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Lee: Yes, I attended DCs in Winnipeg in the arena (a long long time ago), the Stadium (just a long time ago), and the convention center (more recently). They also held them in Brandon at the Keystone center a couple of times. They now hold them in Selkirk, and split it into two weekends because the hockey arena is too small to hold the full group.

A couple of years ago, they did the same thing in Saskatchewan - holding two small conventions in Prince Albert, instead of one big one in Saskatoon. It wasn't all that bad.

Undoubtedly, it is due to money. Any arena or stadium can be booked for the weekend that you want if you plan far enough ahead. My company books its annual meeting four years in advance. The society, however, doesn't think that far ahead.

• Poztate
    Poztate

This seems to be a trend that is taking place across North America. I think that in more and more large centers the JW's are not really welcomed. Where ever they go they want a "DEAL" They don't want to pay for parking. They don't want outside food venders.They want a deal on all motel and hotel rooms.Most people live close to the large center so they are not adding to money generated in area. Who needs them!!!

I think they have got into a snit lately.They would rather move to a smaller venue hours away from where every one lives rather that pay the increased prices.

The upside for them is that if more persons have to motel it they get a bigger profit. More and smaller conventions mean they can put the squeeze on you to "donate"to keep the convention out of the hole. It seems to be a tighter controling mode.Also maybe not as many POZTATES at those small centers.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

What's interesting about the arena in Selkirk is that it is out in the middle of nowhere. There ar eof course no food vendors inside and there is nothing outside but fields. To get to a restaurant you have to get your car and drive back into Selkirk. So if you don't have a car and have to rely on others for transportation you are really screwed when it comes to getting food.

Hmmm ya think hunger makes people more pliable to all the "suggestions" from the platform?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

More than likely, it's much easier for the borganization to hide the fact that the numbers are declining so fast if they maneuver everyone into smaller assemblies, eh?

Frannie B

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

all the wt has to do is pull some verses out of the bible about the FAST and apply them to the conventions . problem solved. with jw's passing out all over the place after day 2. call it suffering for jehoover... john

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit