Annoying WT Pictures from Publications Post Here With Comments

by Celtic 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

I haven't got any pics to post - but does anyone notice how there are never any pics of transportation. There are no cars, buses, planes.

Aaah I've got it - this will all be solved by Jehovah's patented Teleportation System! Silly me for questioning this!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    One of my sisters image appeared on a calender that was released at the 1969 international assembly. She had never posed for anything; and never gave any permission to use her face. None the less, there she was. At the time, we all thought it was a great honor. Her husband had been a Bethelite and was the PO of a congregation. They went to serve where the need was great, both were pioneers.

lol... reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine found a mannequin that looked exactly like her. It turned out that the guy who made the mannequins was obsessed with her. Maybe there was a bethelite who was obsessed with your sister!

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

The ones i hated was when they dressed JW kids up to look like normal kids, they they had the JW kid looking neat and smart. All i used to think was "what a nerd".

I was in a Awake magazine once. An article about the Dingo. It was the 8th of October 1991 Mag.

My family did not even know it was going to be in there. My grand father whi is a bethelite submitted it. He did'nt even tell us. We found out from friends who rang us.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I was in a Awake magazine once. An article about the Dingo. It was the 8th of October 1991 Mag.

My family did not even know it was going to be in there. My grand father whi is a bethelite submitted it. He did'nt even tell us. We found out from friends who rang us.

I don't know about you, but I would indeed be honoured to be featured in a WBTS publication. Perhaps the circumstances are slightly different, however!

• Lehaa
    Lehaa
    I don't know about you, but I would indeed be honoured to be featured in a WBTS publication. Perhaps the circumstances are slightly different, however!

I was at the time. Not sure how i feel about it now, just wished that someone had asked me or my parents whether we'd mind, that was all.

• dmouse
    dmouse

I always found those pictures of perfect family bible studies very annoying - I hated having a family bible study when all my friends were out playing in the sunshine and I guess most JW kids are the same.

I wonder how many families saw them and thought 'that's not how our studies look - what the hell is wrong with us?' - more guilt trips.

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

Brilliant dmouse!

In my house it would have been a picture of me running out the front door as fast as I could go!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit