How many raised in "the truth" have left??

by L_A_Big_Dawg 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

1) Raised in the truth ? Yes

2) Did you get baptised and at what age ? Yes, 17

3) What age were you when you faded, were DF'd or DA'd? Started fading about 4 years ago but fought it, wanted to be a good girl, finally got jack of it all about 9 months ago and was disfellowshiped 5 weeks ago, age 30.

• talesin
    talesin

1) Yes, 4th gen on one side, 3rd on the other.

2) Yes, 14.

3) Faded at 18, DF at 21.

Interestingly enough, my mother said exactly the same thing when I told her that I was not old enough to have made that decision.

My reply? "I was a child, how can you really believe that?"

Hehe, LABD, I remember Yankee Stadium, too.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I pretty much was raised when my parents got baptized in 1971 and I was three. I have some fond memories of my Father being drunk on the couch with a ciggeratte in his mouth and playing with guns. I was baptized at 16 and started to fade after my year at Bethel which made me 19, df at 22.

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Tal, both my parents were at Yankee in 1958. I heard so many stories about that, not to mention watching the home movies.

LABD

• JH
    JH

1) Were raised in "the truth?" No

2) Did you get baptized and at what age? Baptized at 28

3) What age were you when you faded, were DF'd or DA'd? Started fading at 31, inactive now, but still in good standings here and at the hall.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Tal, both my parents were at Yankee in 1958.

I was there with my parents, my grandparents, my aunt and my cousins. It was a great trip, camping across the country and back. It was educational, and I still have great memories of all the places we saw, and all the tours and museums.

The convention was not wonderful. I was 12, it was blazing hot, and I was always sleepy, probably bored.

• roybatty
    roybatty

1) Were raised in "the truth?"

2) Did you get baptized and at what age?

3) What age were you when you faded, were DF'd or DA'd?

1) Yes (gag!)

2) 18

3) Da'd @ hmmm...31 i think

• Soledad
    Soledad

I was born and raised in "the truth"

I was baptized at 12, 4 days before my 13th birthday. Orchard Beach.

I started to fade at 21, DA'd when I was 22

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    JW's, like many evangelicals that hold to "free will" believe in some kind of magical and non-Biblical "age of accountability". At this age you, all of a sudden, realize that you are a sinner in need of a savior.

Yeah, but try telling an evangelical parent that you're ready to make an informed decision about sex when you're 14. All of a sudden, you're too young to know what you're doing!

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick

1) Were raised in "the truth?" Yes...i'm RAW. (raised as a witness)

2) Did you get baptized and at what age? 9

3) What age were you when you faded, were DF'd or DA'd? Faded, age 33 (1999)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit