Death

by desib77 29 Replies latest jw friends

• gladtobefree
    gladtobefree

Ruth, I just visited your son's website. I have tears in my eyes as I write this. I have a 15 year old son and I don't know how I would be able to cope....

I think it is a wonderful thing to have a site like that to share. Thank you for sharing with us and thank you for your words of wisdom. I think you are right about letting those left behind decide what will help them cope the best.

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

I choose cremation

I guess the idea of having my ashes being spread around gives me the feeling of being "free"

since for 10 years of my life i spent "in a box"

When Im dead, I wont care, but they always say funerals are for the living.

Sinamon

• FMZ
    FMZ

Whatever is cheaper...lol. If it were legal I'd have my wife dig a hole in the woods behind the house and bury me there. That way it's free!

When I am dead, my body will just be meat (as mentioned on another thread). Just a bunch of proteins and stuff that will eventually turn to "dust". I personally see no reason to become an ornament (whether it is on a mantle or in a field of graves).

I want people to remember me for who I was, and what I did, rather than for the pretty marble stone crammed between corpses in a highly fertilized field!

Just my opinion though...

FMZ

• meat pie
    meat pie

Hello, I'd like to be cremated and have my ashes scattered in the out-going tide at a beach we often go to. No memorial stone/plaque/tree/park bench etc, so, if the kids ever move away they won't have to feel bad about leaving it behind, and I will be 'around' in a homeopathic watery kind of way.

And... if there's any kind of funeral service/ back at the house thingy.(Their choice) The only music I'd request is..'See ya later alligator' (wishful thinking) Anyone, including JWs, who knew me would see the funny side.

My sister had 'Oh, Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz'... Strange, too late.Oh well.

Meaty

Shirley.

• eiu2003
    eiu2003

Sorry Desi,

But you get the Fear of small confined places from me.................

I don't want to be in a box even if dead. Cremate me and send mo off on a windy day in the mountains. WAIT i don't like heights either, so send me off over an ocean........... ashes float don't they????????????

• desib77
    desib77

Not sending you anywhere anytime soon.....

• exjdub
    exjdub
    I told him that if something happened and I were to die, I would like to be cremated.

I'm with you Desi. Cremate me and throw my ashes to the sea. My wife feels the same way, as does my mother. We are all ex dubs, which could certainly have influenced us, but I will never know for sure. One thing that did convince me: When I see a body exumed, it ain't pretty. It makes me never want to get buried. Just burn me and think of me once in a while is my motto.

exjdub (did you here about the man who fell in the fire? He made an ash of himself)

• desib77
    desib77
    (did you here about the man who fell in the fire? He made an ash of himself)

lol....

• Balsam
    Balsam

Double Edge & Gladtobefree

Thank you both for your kind words. Losing a child is inexplicable for me. It is something a parent survives though you may wish you didn't.

Our perpectives of death changes with each experience I find. I think each will do the best we can by our loved ones.

Balsam

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I want to be buried in Kentucky on a mountaintop, not cremated. All throughout the bible it points to a burial of the dead, not a burning. The expressions "ashes to ashes" is not biblical and was conjured up by man. Im surprised the watchtower doesnt dive deeper into this subject as cremation has pagan ties no doubt. I see nothing wrong with having viewings of the body and feel cheated when family members who have died didnt have a viewing. The only people I have known that have reservations about the viewing of the dead are JW's, most everyone else in our family have had typical funerals, with the exception of my JW grandma who died last year from cancer, she was cremated and I had no clue about her plans until the few hours before she died when my dad told me of her upcoming cremation. I think most JW's choose cremation, just to be different. Im surprised they still hold meetings on Sunday as thats the day most churches have theirs, JW's will go to great lengths just to be different from Christendom.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit