Death

by desib77 29 Replies latest jw friends

• desib77
    desib77

I know, I know this is kind of a morbid subject but the subject actually came up between my husband and I the other night.

We have two completely different backgrounds and we have discovered that we want diff. things to be done to us when we die. I wonder if my background as a JW is affecting my wishes on this.

I told him that if something happened and I were to die, I would like to be cremated. He couldn't believe that ....he was really in shock. His wish is to be buried and I think he thought I felt the same. (Just one more thing that didn't get covered before marriage )

Is it strange that I don't want to be buried in the ground? Do any of you ever think about this? (Believe me it isn't something I think about often...but it came up when discussing family matters.)

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

I don't want people all looking at my dead body when Im dead and can't defend myself. Could get slapped in the face and don't even know it.

My view might change lol. But just remember, everything in your life shapes your decision in a way.

• kls
    kls

I have been out of the cult a long time so i am not sure on their ideas of how a person is to be disposed of but alot of people i know want to be cremated. They feel it is better then being in the ground and decaying. Me ? i am scared it would hurt, i know i am dead but for some stupid reason that is what i am afraid of. If something were to happen to one of my loved ones i would like to visit their grave instead of having them on my mantle.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

My parent's friends had similar views. Husband died first and was buried. Wife died years later, was cremated and her ashes (in ceramic jar) were buried with husband's casket. They shared a large common headstone.

• desib77
    desib77
    Me ? i am scared it would hurt, i know i am dead but for some stupid reason that is what i am afraid of.

I completely understand....I know that I would be dead, too, but I have a fear of waking up in a box.....(wonder if that stems from the paradise thing).

I guess if I were cremated I wouldn't want someone to have my ashes. I would prefer to be put in one of those walls at the cemetary just like a burial.

• Purza
    Purza

I work for an estate planning attorney so I think about "planning for the future" -- even when I was an active JW. I always wanted to be buried so my loved ones could have a place to visit in order to feel closer to me (if they wanted to). I like to visit old cemetaries and look at the dates and the names of people -- don't know why I like doing that, but. . . . then the thought of being enclosed in a place underneath the ground kinda creeps me out.

Whatever I eventually choose, I will would like a place where someone can go to remember me.

While I was a JW I used to be afraid of dying. Now that I have walked away from the Borg, the feeling of death is not as strong. Weird.

Purza

• desib77
    desib77
    My parent's friends had similar views. Husband died first and was buried. Wife died years later, was cremated and her ashes (in ceramic jar) were buried with husband's casket. They shared a large common headstone.

I hadn't ever thought about that.

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

I don't wanna be in the ground. Burn me and scatter my ashes to the wind . . .

• desib77
    desib77
    While I was a JW I used to be afraid of dying. Now that I have walked away from the Borg, the feeling of death is not as strong. Weird.

Me too, when I was younger. I remember telling my friend (we were around 14 yrs. old) that my worst fear was dying. She told me that I shouldn't ever say my worst fear aloud because Satan could hear it and use it against me whereas if I keep it to myself then only Jehovah knows.

What a creepy thing to tell your kids....I was even more terrified after that happened because I then believed Satan was going to kill me because he heard me say that.

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

ya that's me. My worse fear is dieing in pain. I want to just get like a big huge ya know thing that they use to make building skeletons. Then I want it just to drop on my head. Best way to go.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind goin in the wind. I dunno I might be in like some dudes meal caue a fish ate a peice of me but oh well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit