Jehovah doesn't help with new car transaction unless you ask....

by desib77 13 Replies latest jw friends

• desib77
    desib77

The other day when I was visiting with my mother she was looking at the new car she and her husband had just purchased. She told me that they now realize there payments are higher than they should be. She said Sister so and so is going to get them a better loan at her company. Anyway, she then went on to say that neither she nor her husband prayed about the matter before purchasing the car........

I couldn't help it. I started to laugh. I asked her, "So you are telling me that your interest rate is high because you didn't ask for Jehovah's help?"

Mom, "Well, we should have prayed about it."

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Nothing fails like prayer.

• kls
    kls

Ya she should of prayed ,maybe Jehovah would have gave them a free car.

• desib77
    desib77
    Ya she should of prayed ,maybe Jehovah would have gave them a free car.

hmmmm, maybe I should try that.....

• Larry
    Larry

If god would answer prayers for better car prices, why can't god answer prayers for the thousands of people who suffer daily.

Prayer - What a catch 22. If god answers, then good, if he doesn't answer it then it wasn't his will, or YOU didn't pray hard enough - Damn god can lose for nothing :)

Amen - Larry :)

• gladtobefree
    gladtobefree

It always erked me when my mom would say "well, Jehovah provides" when it was really me and my husband helping her. When my twin sisters were 16 and needed a cars to get to work with we knew my mom (a newly single women with 5 kids still at home) could not help them. So my husband being the nice guy he is went down and got two used cars for my sisters on our credit and they agreed to make the payments.My mom went on and on about how Jehovah provides! Well, a couple months later we found out that my sisters were now sharing one car and they wanted us to take back the other. They said that it was making noise from the 2nd day that they had it and they just kept driving it until they blew the engine. My husband asked why they did not tell us it was making noise as he could have easally fixed it at that point. Anyway, this vehicle suddenly was a burden to them and my mother, instead of making my sister take responsibilty for not caring for the car told us that she never asked us to put it on our credit anyway, and my husband picked the cars and that it was too much for them to handle. I said "so much for Jehovah providing". I mean she credited him when all was good and blamed us when it turned bad.

She always did that. Even after I was DFed and she needed a place to stay and we rented her my house. None of the JW's would lend her a hand and none of my adult JW brothers would even help. But Jehovah was again providing and this time through an apostate!

• desib77
    desib77
    I mean she credited him when all was good and blamed us when it turned bad.

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa
    None of the JW's would lend her a hand and none of my adult JW brothers would even help. But Jehovah was again providing and this time through an apostate!

I've got a similar story.

Seems Jah does "provide" through apostates! LOTS!!!!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"Our Dear Heavenly Father Jehovah,

Today we humbly approach your throne of almighty power in the name of your Son Jesus to ask your assistance in the purchase of our new Kia.

Please cause a Transient Ischemic Attack in the brain of the car salesman as he puts together the deal so that the car dealership loses money in the transaction, and bless us with a zero percent interest rate on a 15 year loan, so that we will have paid virtually nothing for the vehicle when armageddon comes any day now.

Oh, and bless your servants throughout the world who are being persecuted for your name's sake or who do not have enough to eat.

In Jesus' name,

AMEN"

• gladtobefree
    gladtobefree

Nathan, sounds like you prayed a lot. You have that prayer down! Funny how we were not supposed to say the lord prayer because we were supposed to make it personal, but all the prayers seemed to sound the same to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit