2 Very Nice & Sincere People

by Paradise Found 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Paradise Found
    Paradise Found

Whilst shopping today I met a young newly married witness couple. Whilst I havnt been In a Kingdom Hall In over 2 years. They were very friendly and It was nice we could talk on things other than safe-subjects. I was most impressed how they defended the U:N issue, The Child Molesting Issues,. Docrinal Shifts and Dissfellowshipping.

As we met In the shopping mall neither they nor I had any concrete documentation to support our view-points. . But to take the U.N issue they defended It almost to the point of plausibility. I was impressed with there sincerity even If they were sincerly wrong.

I rememberd when I first met this Sister 3 years ago and she gave me her testiomony of how she became a witness "Her eyes were opend and she say the light" Okay I dont agree with her light. There road isnt my path. But I wish them both only good things for the future.

Anyway my point with the story Is my surprise that knowledge of the U:N and Doctrinal Shifts were common knowledge in the congregation and Issues as to the Right or Wrong of disfellowshipping could be so well defended.

How much Apostate Knowledge do Witnesses Have ? Where does there ability to defend such Issues as the UN , doctrinal Issues ect come from. I mean there isnt a Watchtower Study that acknowledges the U:N involvement or says "This he how we defend the undefendable" So how did this sincere people aquire there knowldge? and the indoctrination to defend it?

• kls
    kls

The watchtower teaches that the UN is the wildbeast and in a jw mind for the big boys having anything to do with the UN their must be a good explanation ,some jws do believe they went to the UN for information for their watchtowers. Then you have the jws who under no circumstance will believe the big boys had anything to do with the wildbeast ,that would be a sin.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Personally I think the WTS's membership as an NGO with the UN is indefensible. For many years they have described the UN as being a 'disgusting thing that causes desolation' and 'the image of the wild beast' of Revelation. They have severely criticized other religions for their support of it.

Here is a quote from the October 1, 1985 Watchtower:

?The Disgusting Thing? Today

12 What, then, is the modern ?disgusting thing that causes desolation?? In the first century it was the Roman troops sent to reimpose Pax Romana in Jerusalem. In modern times, however, the nations that fought in World War I became disillusioned about the usefulness of all-out war in imposing peace and experimented with something new: an international organization to preserve world peace. This began life in 1919 as the League of Nations and still exists as the United Nations. Here is the modern ?disgusting thing that causes desolation.?

Revelation Climax book chapter 34 paragraph 9:

9 The UN is actually a blasphemous counterfeit of God?s Messianic Kingdom by his Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ?to whose princely rule there will be no end. (Isaiah 9:6, 7) Even if the UN were to patch up some temporary peace, wars would soon erupt again. This is in the nature of sinful men. ?Their names have not been written upon the scroll of life from the founding of the world.? Jehovah?s Kingdom by Christ will not only establish eternal peace on earth but, on the basis of Jesus? ransom sacrifice, raise the dead, the righteous and the unrighteous who are in God?s memory. (John 5:28, 29; Acts 24:15) This includes everyone who has remained steadfast despite the attacks of Satan and his seed, and others who have yet to show themselves obedient. Obviously, God?s scroll of life will never contain the names of die-hard adherents of Babylon the Great or of any who continued to worship the wild beast.?Exodus 32:33; Psalm 86:8-10; John 17:3; Revelation 16:2; 17:5.

Yet they became a member as an NGO, even though such membership requires that they agree with the principles of the UN charter.

I don't have a problem with the UN. I have a problem with the WTS's hypocrisy in this matter though. They may find creative ways of defending the membership with the UN. But I would be interested to hear just how they can defend their hypocrisy on this. Particularly in light of their condemnation of other religions.

Walter

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

When I was a "good Witness" in the '80s, I knew quite a bit about 1975, and I watched the John Ankerberg show a few times and even read an anti-JW pamphlet. Being pro-JW and wanting to defend them, I was able to learn about "apostate" stuff and view the material "in a different light" than presented by the sources I read. That was before I realized that the organization itself flat-out lied about itself, and I began to change my view about the history of the JWs.

• Paradise Found
    Paradise Found

Hi IIZ2cool

I started this post

, And to answer your question they justified there association with the U:N. There reply was .

"It was a outside advertising agency that was involved"

My problem was these 2 people were sincere and belived the explanation so much I could not defend my point of view without documentation.

So with other seriouse Issues I raised with them such as " Child Molesting , False doctrination´, disfellowshipping "ect how could these 2 sincere people defend the organisation so well? When I was a witness I new nothing of the above issues...How are they (Yes they are ) good people and yet so blinded?

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    It was a outside advertising agency that was involved"

Oh...man.....you should've got their name and number to follow up on that one as it's entirely new. I would've love to see them squirm trying to come up with documentation to factualize that.

• tazmaniac
    tazmaniac

I remember one DO talking about how disgusting it was that the UN was so close to the WTBTS buildings etc. I remember UN bashing studies, then to find out they were "card carrying" members, for any reason, is appalling.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Can you share what their defense was to the UN issue as well as doctrinal issues? I'd like to see if my reaction would be the same as yours.

• Agent 1 of 1
    Agent 1 of 1

I just have to reply that the Society is just plain messed up in the head for saying the UN is the Wild Beast. They could have pointed it at any other organization out there for all I care, but now that I'm out, I can only see the UN as a good thing for this world. They're doing something at least instead of waiting on an invisible being. Just wanted to say that. And, Paradise Found, if you don't win the battle with being able to prove scandals that the Society is in, it does put in seeds of doubts. So, that later when they themselves are questioning the religion, they might just remember the discussion.

• Triple A
    Triple A

I had two witnesses here about 3 months ago and they did not admit to knowing anything about the U.N. and the Society being an NGO. Said they would look in to it, but have not heard anything from them yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit