Attn: Formidable Apostates

by Bubbamar 14 Replies latest jw friends

• dh
    dh

my mom is as hard headed as i am, so she knows she's right, and i know i am, but what she doesn't know is that i am right! my parents who are jw's know what i think about it, i have shown info but you know how it is, witnesses 'aren't perfect' and 'i know they make mistakes but i still believe it is the truth and blah blah blah' 'i cross referenced the info you gave and i think it is out of context' or 'oh those publications are really old' 'UN, i don't know what the big deal is all about' all this but yeah, i don't know if i'm viewed as an apostate really, my family were never into shunning, which is funny considering my brother is df (i'm not, i just jacked it in) and my dad is an elder and we still chill out together if by some miracle everyone is in the same place at once. but back to my mom, she told me the other day 'to be honest i just ignore all of it (the day to day soap opera that is the world of jw's) and get on with it'... i am still trying to figure out the full extent of what that means.

what i would give to open my parents eyes?

what would my parents give to open mine?

what a paradox.

• RR
    RR

I don't have any immediate family that are JW's. However, My brother was married (17 years) to a women who was raised in the JW's. Being married to him, she ran to the organization for salvation (LOL) and got baptized. Nor she or her family have spoken to me in over twelve years. They have two kids one is in college, I haven't seen him since he was a pre-teen, and the last time I saw my niece, she was still in diapers.

My mother in-law to whom we lived with when we first got married, didn't seem all that surprised when we began telling her of our findings, (mind you this was before the internet) She was very promient within the French Congregations of JW's, having built a Kingdom Hall in Haiti, and been on verious dramas on conventions.

Her closes friends were Tom and Gloria Cabeen. Tom served as an elder in the French congregation. For those who don't know Tom, se Franz's books, he is also one of the founders of BRCI.

One evening my wife decided to sit down and have a candid talk with her moms about what we were planning to do. For about a year we were alreading fellowshipping with a small group of Bible Students in the Jersey City area.

Needles to say she went on a rampage, and after all was said and done, she threw us out of the house. She told us that as long as we lived in her house Jehovah's spirit would not flow. So she demanded that we leave, she even told us that she didn't want us living in the area, because she "didn't want to smell our apostate stench." She we moved far away. Her ONLY relatives in the area.

Of course, it took some years, some seven years for her to come around, why seven years? Because that was the time her grand daughter was born, amazing what grand children can do.

Meanwhile, she was living in a beautiful house that was all paid for, and the JW's managed to suck her dry, she sold the house, moved to a scum of the earth area, which was sold to her by a JW, it's torture when we go to visit her.

And so she draws closer to the JW's with every single moment, despiet the fact taht we have tried to help her, my wife told her not to sell the house, when seh saw the new house, she told her not to buy it, but did she listen? Noooo! She listened to those whom she believed had her best interest at heart, the JWs and they betrayed her.

Oh well, some live and learn, others repeat the same mistakes. This was our situation when telling those close to us what we discovered.

Mind you, our families and closes friends have disfellowshipped us, and yet neither the Watchtower nor the congregation have talen action against us.

Everyone is different, you know your moms better than anyone on this board, only you know how she may react.

But I'd rather tell the truth then live a lie, unless of course the truth kills her.

RR

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hello Bubbamar,

I decided to talk to my mom because I am an outspoken person and because I was tired of not saying what I really thought on religious matters. Since I eventually DA'd myself, it's not very likely that she would have listened to much of anything I had to say, but one of the things I learned in the months before that is that if you decide to talk to friends and family, it will be the ultimate test of balance, self-control, and tact.

You know how the Witnesses would always say, "Don't try to tell new people the entire thing all at once?" That applies fiftyfold in the art of deprogramming. You have to be able to be totally agreeable, content to make that one, gentle point. Their brains just totally shut down if you press it further than that. It's like you have an entire shaker full of salt, but a single grain too much will send them shrinking back to the abysmal depths of a lifetime of sodium-free food.

In short, be gentle. Be way more gentle than you think humanly necessary. I wish you the best of luck.

SNG

• RR
    RR

You're right SNG,

I remember when I was doing research, everyone knew I loved to research and they often came to me about what I was learning. One day I went to visit some friends from my old congregation, and he asked me if I was still researching, I said "yeah" and he asked me what I found. I don't him, "you don't wanna know." But he persisted, so I shared with him what I learned, and showed him from his own library of Watchtower books, and he and his wife were in denial, they got hyper and angry, all the time I was mild and gentle, which aggravated them even more, finally, they asked me to leave, and eventually threw me out the house and told me to never return. Which I did. That was over ten years ago, don't know what ever happened to them. Lord knows.

RR

• obiwan
    obiwan

What family?

It's easier for the dub's to follow blindly, then to follow thier hearts.....Blood is not thicker than water! If you are basing your presentation to her about what truths the org has, on her following her heart and love for you, then you WILL be disappointed.

Sorry, dubs suck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit