Elder tells me that Governing Body moved to Walkill to escape terrorism

by truthseeker 25 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I was talking to an elder the other day, and he told me that the Governing Body had all moved to Walkill to because Jehovah wouldn't let them be destroyed.

But, I thought, weren't some of the GB in Walkill anyway? And if this is the case, why would they build that massive residential complex in the DUMBO area? Are Bethelites expendable if a terrorist attack did happen?

I wrote this, because another poster had more or less said the same thing, that the Governing Body had to survive to keep on writing the Watchtower and Awake magazines.

Pathetic.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

They built facilities to support the GB there years ago... but the GB refused to move there... they liked it in Brooklyn too much.

Nothing like a bit of terrism for Jehover to give the GB a new set of instructions.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

hmmmm, took 'em almost two years. Not too quick are they?

Gretchen

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

I spent 22 years in heavy construction,I've built over a 100 houses,nuclear plant,bridges tunnels,skyscrapers,bunkers you name it baby.

"If you want it to stay,do it in grey" reinforced concrete

I could build the anointed old farts one heck of a bomb proof bunker!

Hunker in the bunker.Just make sure my bunker is stashed with miller lite beer.

Hey mates! Armageddon ain't a coming- soooo , arm-a-getten-outta-here - arm-a-gonna-get-it-on!

Sign up for google Jehovah's Witnesses news alerts.It's something new and it's free.

Create another News Alert:
    http://www.google.com/newsalerts?hl=en alt

• Celtic
    Celtic

As usual, if this be true, it be typical of WT contradiction and do as we say not as we do.

They threaten fundamental terrorism on everyone but themselves but when they themselves feel threatened, they scarper leaving everyone else to pick up the mess.

• metatron
    metatron

Because this is a totalitarian cult, it spawns all sorts of strange internal explanations. If you're familiar with Soviet history,

you'd find they did the same thing. They stuck with mechanical computers and vacuum tubes long after the rest of the world

changed over, while highlighting the advantages of such old technology - rather than building new factories.

So, they moved because Jehovah 'won't let them die'? Oxymoron anyone? If he won't let them die, why did they move?

This sounds similar to the nonsense surrounding dumping subscriptions - that it would encourage meeting attendance

because people had to pick up their magazines! ( direct from a Bethel elder). Or explanations as to why they suddenly

created several new corporations and removed the GB from such operations ( actually, they wanted to avoid putting

some old half senile GB member on the witness stand )

They live in a fantasy world. Whenever the explanations fail to make sense, follow the money.

metatron

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I think they have nothing to worry about-Terrorists wouldn't attack fellow terrorists!

• rocky220
  • Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

Must be nice...being so financially set that they are able to high tail it out of the hot zone.

I do not know why they chose to move, but I think its wrong for elders to speculate. This causes more problems for the peons, because they look at the elders and the like as having special information. When it was merely a fantasy the elder had about NYC getting nuked. Rumors spread and then the entire sheep-like janitor class get confused, bump into each other. Baaaa Baaaaa. Where's the shepherds? Who's the Shepherd? Where am I? Who am I? Who are you?

Nooo...not me. I am content to sit on this big ball of doo doo and fly through space in circles.

• gumby
    gumby
    Governing Body had all moved to Walkill to because Jehovah wouldn't let them be destroyed.

Seems like if I remember correctly that Jehovah has the power to stop anything he wants without being dependent on location. What they are saying if this is true is just as the Mormons do........."we'll stock up a shitload of food just in case there's a food shortage". No difference. Where is their faith?

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit