District Convention - Press information

by mineralogist 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mineralogist
  • blondie
    blondie

Thanks, mineralogist.

I used to work with the local JW press brothers. They have a press sheet they give out and they would hand pick the people the reporters interviewed.

People walked the corridors with signs reminding: "Quiet Please."

I can't believe they still do this. In the area I live in they haven't done this for 20 years. Maybe JWs have gotten noisy again and wandering the corridors because the talks are even more boring than normal.

Families sat together, listening to ministers preach.

Actually, this was not true in my area. They were constantly being counseled that families should sit together. Attendants were finding hordes of teenagers talking and laughing in the upper reaches of the facility even finding unattended pre-teens with laser poiners, targeting the speaker and the audience.

Paul Polidoro addresses Jehovah's Witnesses at the Cumberland County Civic Center in Portland on Sunday.

Polidoro is one of the WT lawyers.

http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/abusesuits.htm

http://slate.msn.com/?id=2062575

"There's such a feeling of love and unity that you are among friends," Virginia Davidson said.

The average JW only knows the people in his/her congregation and perhaps a few more from the circuit assuming their whole circuiit has been assigned to the same district convention. Do you remember turning to the JWs you didn't know sitting near you and asking them to go to dinner with you that evening. I doubt it. There was barely enough time to socialize with the people you knew already. Once my husband and I tried doing it every day, introducing ourselves to the people near us. They looked at us like we had 2 heads, mumbled a hello and excused themselves to scuttle off to fined their "real" friends. No "widening out" to find that "feeling of love and unity."

"When you come here and there are 5,000 others . . . you almost wish you could make time stand still," her husband said. "

Make time stand still!!!??? No the WTS wants to speed it up. Doesn't he want Armageddon to come SOON, VERY SOON?

Blondie

• new light
    new light
    Once my husband and I tried doing it every day, introducing ourselves to the people near us. They looked at us like we had 2 heads, mumbled a hello and excused themselves to scuttle off to fined their "real" friends. No "widening out" to find that "feeling of love and unity."

I had this same experience, Blondie, and it was oh so disappointing. I was at my first DC after being reinstated (9 years DF'ed). Needless to say, I was on cloud nine at the time. Most of the people I saw from my old congo avoided eye contact (and I know the announcement was made in their hall). I know it wasn't me, I looked healthy and refreshed and I dressed in the JW uniform, so the problem was all theirs. What a bunch of depressed losers!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

How would they react if you flashed a sign back at them that read "Get stuffed!"? Or if you and your friends start talker LOUDER?

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

One attendant walked right up to me with one of those signs when i was talking to a friend ouside during a session. He turned it around and it had please be seated on the other side. He did it about 5 times, the last time he did it he actually put it in between me and my friend. (We were outside with cranky kids and we'd all had enough)

I told him that no i would not and would he stop being so rude. He's lucky i didn't rip the sign out of his hands and ram it where the sun don't shine.

I was such a good christian.

• exjdub
    exjdub

I wasted an awful lot of hours and years at the Portland, Me Civic Center. Wish I could take them back!

exjdub

• Mulan
    Mulan

I used to work in the department that typed up all those press releases................in the days before computers that is. We had to type all the originals and they had to be perfect.

Made me cringe to read all those locations in Maine. My family (great great grandparents) were born there, in Cumberland County. Vassalboro was the town one of my ancestors was from. To think there are JW's there too, was something I didn't think about.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

I scared the jeepers out of some VIP's in Maine USA when i compared dubs to the neo-nazi's and the white supremacist group the kkk.As far as i know the militant supremacist groups are absent in Maine (population 1.3 million)

There are 194 JW kingdum Hells with purported 18,000 members,run for cover.... Times they are a changing.In my neck of the woods apostate ex members already 'own' the search engine indexes.: http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=KINGDOM+HALL+OF+JEHOVAH%27S+WITNESSES+MAINE+MASSACHUSETTS&ei=UTF-8&fr=fp-tab-web-t&cop=mss&tab = CLICK ME

Watchtower Whistle Blower"yankee doodle danny" www.DannyHaszard.com Bucked and boned up in Bangor Maine Sign up for google Jehovah's Witnesses news alerts.It's something new and it's free.

Create another News Alert:
    http://www.google.com/newsalerts?hl=en alt

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**I told him that no i would not and would he stop being so rude. He's lucky i didn't rip the sign out of his hands and ram it where the sun don't shine. I was such a good christian.

When you think about it---YOU more than likely were. It was the idiot that was flashing that sign in your face that was being UNchristian! Imagine telling adult men and women when and where to sit, and when to talk or not........sheesh!

As you see, I have "control" issues now that I'm OUT!---LOL!

hugs,

Annie

• jwbot
    jwbot

Actually, there ARE a couple white suppremacist groupds in Maine :( http://www.whitehomeland.com/ (crazy guy from Old Town, ME)

I live in Bangor, ME and my parents just came back from that assembly at the civic center this weekend. Hearing her talk about it over the phone made me miss the assemblies...but I know that every time I felt weird. Now I have facial piercings so I would feel very akward there. I would go if that wasn't the case, just to talk to old friends again...but I dunno... Apparently, my parents congregation (Milo, ME) was very well represented there as several elders gave talks and participated in the drama for that assembly.

I think I miss going to Portland more...maybe I will make a trip when my car is fixed...I always felt so weird in a dress walking around, seeing some cool people my age who were worldly, hanging out, having fun, thinking to myself: "I want to be right there with them" rather than a robot just following the motions and dressing and looking like I would never be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit