20 hours of work about to turn to sawdust...

by FMZ 14 Replies latest jw friends

• FMZ
    FMZ

Well, I just finished building my first model airplane from scratch. All in all, it has taken probably a little over 20 hours to construct, cover, and finish. I have got all the RC gear in there, gas engine fitted, and it is ready to fly.

But... I'm scared!

I have never flown a scale model before, only the cheapy ones for beginners. From what I can tell, the engine on this one will be ripping some air pretty well, and I don't want it to get out of control and have all that work wasted.

If it gets off the ground tomorrow, I'll be happy. If I get the cajones to actually take it for a lap or two around the field, then I'll be very happy. If it comes back to earth intact, I'll be ecstatic.

Wish me luck! Oh, and here are some pics of the handbuilt model in question...

FMZ

• Valis
    Valis

STFU FMZ!
    *LOL* dude good luck on your plane....I have always wanted to try and build one of those! Did you ever see Eman's brother's plane? Awesome too...Let us know wha happened man!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• gumby
    gumby

Valwilber wright.

Hey keith.....I wanna try that some day myself......looks like a blast.

Try puttin airbags around the bastard before your first flight. If it crashes to the ground.....don't call it an F-er.....K?

Gumby

• FMZ
    FMZ
    Hey keith.....I wanna try that some day myself......looks like a blast
    I have always wanted to try and build one of those

Y'all really should try it, it is great fun... Scary as hell when you are planning to take so much work into the sky, but hey, if it crashes then it is all the more motivation to build another one and fly better next time!

If it crashes to the ground.....don't call it an F-er.....K?

Silly Gumbastard! It's a Piper Cub, not a Fokker!

FMZ

• gumby
    gumby

Hers a pic of FMZ with time lapse photography, ......he kinda "overbuilt" his model just a tad

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Dude, the key, and listen carefully - is to not fly the plane into yourself.

That's it, that's the list.

• Lehaa
    Lehaa
    and I don't want it to get out of control and have all that work wasted.

yeah but wont you have wasted all that time if you don't fly it.

And if you do crash it, think of all the fun you'll have building a new one.

Better to have flown and crashed than never to have flown at all.

Good Luck.

• Elsewhere
  • frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Interesting :

Try it ... if you broke it ... Well you'll build one better an bigger (looks like a drone) and get more experienced and confident on the technics !

and tell us

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Good luck to ya Wilber Keith!!

Soar high and fly free!!

Lisa of the lousy at aviation metaphors class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit