Questions about Jehovahs Witness???

by JDWEEE 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1
    Charles Taze Russell, founded the JW in the 1860's. Which is based on his own interpretations of the Bible. He had no theology education, and did not know the Greek, and Hebrew Language.

Question: How can an Average man, with "no" education, interpret the Bible correctly?

Question: Why would God allow man, to go for so long, up until the 1860's, without the correct interpretations of the Bible?

Question: Why would God guide, lead, and empower, people to write the scripture in a way that we could not understand, and interpret?

Question: How do we know Charles Taze Russell was right in his interpretations?

Question: Why should i, base my beleif on what an average man, such as myself, interpreted the Bible to really say, and mean?

Hi JWDEE,

Don't listen to these apostates, they have fallen from the truth and everything they say about our blessed organization is lies. To answer your questions:

1. Jehovah did it.

2. Jehovah has his reasons, its best not to ask why of him. He is smart than us so we don't need to know why. Like calculus!

3. Because if everyone was able to intrepet te Bible correctly, there would be no way to tell who is the wrong religion. Thankfully we have a correct interpretation so we can point out false religion.

4. Because Jehovah God guided him.

5. Because Jehovah annointed Russle so we have to believe him, otherwise we are going against Jehovah.

Hope these answers help!!

May Jehoober Jehovah bless

• M.J.
    M.J.

I posted similar questions on a board for the Iglesia ni Cristo, which is a similar sect (started in the Philippines) that in typical fashion also claims apostasy started after the apostles died out, then suddenly after thousands of years, in 1914 no less, revelation came to a common man, Felix Manalo, to revive the "true" church. As a matter of fact, their church was registered as a corporation on the day that WWI broke out. This is conveniently interpreted as a divine sign that they are the "other sheep" which was to join Jesus' original flock of apostles in the end times. Manalo, the "divinely guided" messenger, the "ravenous bird from the East" prophesied by Isaiah, was called to snatch up the flock from the clutches of false religion, advocating the standard rejection of mainline doctrines such as hell, Trinity, holidays, etc. Today membership numbers somewhere between 5-10 million, in 66 countries. They have the standard paradigms of distancing themselves from "the world", hostility against all other religions, extreme "unity" (enforced conformity w/conditional love), aggressive evangelism, the affirmation that they alone have the "truth", they will be the only ones saved, and the Bible is impossible to understand without the aid of "God's messenger", etc....

Well anyway, as I was saying, I posted similar questions on one of their message boards and the answers I got back had the exact same tone, attitude and feel displayed by Joker10 up there. Very righteous sounding and obviously having the view that the entire universe revolved around their little group...and that while I was sadly blinded and not privelaged enough to recognize God's true arrangement, a true humble and right attitude would fix all my present stumbling...Its deja vu all over again...

• GreenDragon
    GreenDragon
    Charles Taze Russell, founded the JW in the 1860's. Which is based on his own interpretations of the Bible. He had no theology education, and did not know the Greek, and Hebrew Language.

This is why Russell sux at bible reading.

Question: How can an Average man, with "no" education, interpret the Bible correctly?

No average man can interprete the whole bible because a person anointing with the Holy Spirit is not an average man. If Russell is an average man then he does not have the Spirit.

Question: Why would God allow man, to go for so long, up until the 1860's, without the correct interpretations of the Bible?

The Apostles and Jesus did a damn good job at interpreting the Holy Scriptures or are you imlying Russell interprete the Scriptures better than Christ.

Question: Why would God guide, lead, and empower, people to write the scripture in a way that we could not understand, and interpret?

Who said the whole Scripture is for the average man? Only with the help of the Holy Spirit one can get them correct.

Question: How do we know Charles Taze Russell was right in his interpretations?

I know why he is so wrong in many ways because he is an average man.

Question: Why should i, base my beleif on what an average man, such as myself, interpreted the Bible to really say, and mean?

Test the Spirit and you will see whether the Spirit is from God.
  • truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

MJ:

Very righteous sounding and obviously having the view that the entire universe revolved around their little group

Duhh, they are the center of the universe, remember? God created the universe and they are his "special people" so....

Which brings up a question? If only a few million people are going to survive armageddon, and there are Trillions of stars out there, then why so many stars per person?

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Great post truthseeker. I loved the subtle close.

If there are JW's on this site I would imagine that the only reason they are still JW's is that they have not yet been caught on this message board. Once caught participating in an apostate forum they will be quickly and assuredly booted from the JW organization. So I am left to wonder if a these people are REAL JW's then since they obviously don't adhere to JW doctrines.

As to the posted question. They are good questions. Another good question is concerning Russell's involvement in the Freemasons and pyramidology.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Meet Charles Russell ,Charles Manson's mentor and idol.

The revered holyman founder of Jehovah's Witnesses is buried in a mystical pyramid monument. http://www.midwestoutreach.org/02-Information/02-OnlineReference/04-Etc/01-TheJournal/Volume5/No4-EnduringMonumentToPaganOrigins.html (click see for youself.) Handcuffed The Watchtower is run by psychopaths Hatchet

• betty boop
    betty boop

Charlie boy has a BEARD oooooooh!!! watch when the elders find out

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

C T Russell, from what I have read, began as a very respectable bible believer, but over time he seems to have degenerated into the same sort of con artist that most religious leaders appear to be.... see the miracle wheat scandal... and his apparent growing arrogance proclaiming that by no other means then his studies in the scriptures would anyone receive the right understanding of the bible.... Rutherford apparently took of on this tangent and ran with it, making himself the channel of divine writ...

but to his Credit, CT Russell, seemed to allow free election in his congregations, free exchange of ideas without the threat of being cast out as apostates etc...things that Rutherford swept away with an iron fist in his Nazi-fication of the movement founded by apparently sincere people seeking understanding.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Responding to Joker's response,

Question: How can an Average man, with "no" education, interpret the Bible correctly? With prayer.

...and how, praytell, is this any different than how mankind has interpreted the Bible in the last 2000 years? Russell did not have exclusive access to prayerful insight.

Question: Why would God allow man, to go for so long, up until the 1860's, without the correct interpretations of the Bible? JWs belief is that God has allowed enough time for humans to realize that they can't live happy and peacefully without his guidance

Wow. If so, that is the longest spiritual drought that God has EVER imposed on his people. I would think that Jesus' liberating sacrifice on the cross would have a longer run than a few hundred years. This kind of downgrades the power of what he did for mankind, don't you think?

Question: Why would God guide, lead, and empower, people to write the scripture in a way that we could not understand, and interpret? They don't believe the Bible is too dificult to understand. People just don't want to accept things.JWs are right becuase they stay away from this wicked world, like Jesus.

So, people are too wicked to accept a single sect's interpretation of the bible? That is kind of an insult to mankind, God's creation, isn't it? From what I remember, Jesus waded in amongst the wicked people of the world, he did not avoid them. So, two insults in a row. Insult Jesus' sacrifice, insult mankind's ability to understand God's loving care for them. The Jehovah's Witness God sure is weak and dumb. Why couldn't he have done better with his creation from the beginning?

Question: Why should i, base my beleif on what an average man, such as myself, interpreted the Bible to really say, and mean? Study for yourself
    .Yaaay! Something I agree with. My pastor had an easy litmus test to see if a doctrine is truly bible-based. Does it's practice lead to the fruit of the Spirit? No? Then revisit the doctrine.
  • XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I think that it is unfair to use old jw doctrine on a new person. I mean would it be fair to say you know JWs dont take organ transplants or vacinnations?

I know keeping up with all the changes is hard but still. So for example at least now JWs dont believe there was ever a spiritual drought. Oddly they never point to any other group as being their predcessor because they dont believe in any some of papal sucession. Plus some of those groups they talk kindly about still exist in the present day.

Another thing is the jw religion has change so much about what in heck it is. I mean it is like they have little idea what the watchtower says now on many issues. Like the fact that it nolonger states you have to be a JW to survive armegeddon. This is the offical stane that nobody ever brings out. Not even jws. Why well for anti JW people it makes JWs look too main stream for pro jw people it defeats the purpose of JWism which is the idel preaching work. So nobody preaches this point because it detracts from the arguments of both sides.

Another is that JWs are all the same and all obey the watchtowers sugestions. The pro and anti jws try to propagate this myth. In real life jws are normal people all with a specturm of devotion to the ideals of wts. So jws have a popuri of watchtower ideals dispersed amongst congregations and individuals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit