Questions about Jehovahs Witness???

by JDWEEE 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JDWEEE
    JDWEEE

Charles Taze Russell, founded the JW in the 1860's. Which is based on his own interpretations of the Bible. He had no theology education, and did not know the Greek, and Hebrew Language.

Question: How can an Average man, with "no" education, interpret the Bible correctly?

Question: Why would God allow man, to go for so long, up until the 1860's, without the correct interpretations of the Bible?

Question: Why would God guide, lead, and empower, people to write the scripture in a way that we could not understand, and interpret?

Question: How do we know Charles Taze Russell was right in his interpretations?

Question: Why should i, base my beleif on what an average man, such as myself, interpreted the Bible to really say, and mean?

• franklin J
    franklin J

Jdwee, welcome to the forum

This is a support group forum of EX Jehovahs Witnesses; we do not believe in anything Russell has preached either.

We are posters from all over the world and the common denominater here is that none of us believe in any teachingsof Jehovahs Witnesses or their founder.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

jdwee

the JW "religion" is nothing but a scam to cover the huge amounts of money which the Watchtower Society makes on a tax-free basis all around the world.

Don't even try to make sense of their "teaching" because there is no "sense" to it. Until you view it from the standpoint that the Watchtower is simply a mulitnational profit-making corporation which has no morals or scruples, and one which happily lets its members die to protect its financial interests. It is evil and corrupt, through and through.

I implore you, don't get involved.

The Pope (and I should know!! )

• Joker10
    Joker10
    Question: How can an Average man, with "no" education, interpret the Bible correctly?

With prayer.

Question: Why would God allow man, to go for so long, up until the 1860's, without the correct interpretations of the Bible?

JWs belief is that God has allowed enough time for humans to realize that they can't live happy and peacefully without his guidence.

Question: Why would God guide, lead, and empower, people to write the scripture in a way that we could not understand, and interpret?

They don't believe the Bible is too dificult to understand. People just don't want to accept things.JWs are right becuase they stay away from this wicked world, like Jesus.

Question: Why should i, base my beleif on what an average man, such as myself, interpreted the Bible to really say, and mean?
    Study for yourself.
  • DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Most modern JW's have little or no knowledge of what Charlie Russell wrote and taught. Here is a link to some information about one of the most famous "bible-based" publications written by Russell, The Finished Mystery. Bizarre doesn't even begin to describe many of Chuck Russell's interpretations of Scripture:

http://www.jwfiles.com/volume7.htm

Now that you've perused some of Russell's brilliant bible exegesis, consider that the Watchtower organization leaders to this day claim that the The Finished Mystery is one of the most important publications in their history, part of the "spiritual food" that Jesus inspected in 1919 and deemed to be of a better quality than anything else being produced by any other organization claiming to be Christian, and hence making the Bible Students (the name Jehovah's Witnesses wasn't taken until 1931) worthy of being selected as his "faithful slave".

• garybuss
    garybuss

According to Witness dogma, Charles Russell was never selected by God at all. The Watch Tower Publishing Corporation was not "appointed" to be God's incorporated business on earth until 1919. Russell died in 1916.

Me thinks Charles Russell would not be very proud of the events since his death, the outing of his heirs, the mockery of a book called "The Finished Mystery", the closing of the Society, the imprisoning of the directors, and then the unfriendly dictatorship that the management has become.

Now the message is not the message, the messenger is the message. The means has become the end. The publishing company has become the focal point and the end time is just the threat to keep meeting attendance and literature distribution up.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Anyone notice none of these questions have anything to do with Jehovah's witnesses. Three and a half of them are theology 101 questions.

And BTW there are JWs here. I get tired of people trying to claim the site for their own agenda.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

JDWEE:

Asked all those same questions myself during my whole life growing up as a JW -

please steer clear - it's all bogus!

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

lol XQ. ya I know huh? Doubt there is ever an acurate interpretation of the bible. Come on, let's say a person makes a statue. And says there is deeper meaning about the statue than what it is. People can go on with thousands of interpretations. The most educated at that. Yet they'll prolly never get the real interpretation because it's just that, an interpretation, it's endless.

So oh well. Hate when people say they're interpretation is right cause it's just an interpretation.

Not saying you tried to interpret this isn't directed at you topic starter =).

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

• Spirit joins to spirit.

• And B.C. ? Which men are you talking about?

• When is seed sown?

• What did his 'knowledge' produce? How does it taste?

• the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. You'll know, or you'll know you don't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit