satan fears

by cuddlepie 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• cuddlepie
    cuddlepie

This is a paragraph out of an email my mother sent me. This doesnt help. Why cant they see that its this talk that attributed me to needing therapy in the first place! I Cant shake that hes really after me. How do you get over that?

You are going to need a lot of emotional support over the next few months of your therapy. Where are you going to get that from? your husband? Jehovah AGAIN is holding out his hand and offering you that help, through his word, prayer and his spirit, but also through his people. We are not perfect and there are always a few "bad eggs" but they will do their best to help and support you. Satan has got you where he wants, alone, coping with all this by yourself, did he give you what you wanted last time you did things "his" way. Again Jehovah is giving you a choice, he hasn't given up on you even though you keep turning your back on him and looking to Satan's world to give you what you need. Twice now you have done it his way, did he give you peace, contentment, the "unconditional love" you keep looking for. (there is no such thing by the way, the very fact that you demand that is putting a condition on love before you start).

• Emma
    Emma

Welcome, and hugs.

Yes, there is unconditional love; we've found it away from the org. You do have lots of people to support you but you may not be able to see them yet.

When I left, I believed the lie that I would never have friends. Being alone would have been a piece of cake compared to life within a cult. Keep reaching out; you'll be fine and you will be happy. As "they" say, the light just keeps getting brighter.

Emma

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

This is cultthink, to take inspiration from George Orwell. Listen to what she says. Jehovah can only help you if you are in the ORGANIZATION. If you are out of the organization, you are now in the hands of Satan. The way they have defined the "world", anything outside the JWs is "Satanic". Everyone else in the world, all 6 billion people, are in Satan's hands. That hardly makes you "alone". What does make you "alone" that all your former support structure had been among the JWs and because of their own cult policy, they themselves cut you off and will give you support only on the condition that you are one of them. Let her know that outside of "Jehovah's organization," in Satan's "selfish" world, there are people don't care what religion you belong to or whether you belong to any religion or not, they like you for you and don't insist you must believe a certain way in order to offer their help. That should put things into perspective, but probably won't if she thinks in black-and-white cult terms of Satan's Organization vs. God's Organization.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Hi cuddlepie

Wow! That sounds EXACTLY like something my mom would say. Its all part of the "script."

I don't know your situation or your story - but I really doubt if satan has you. That's a scare tactic - you don't have to buy into it. I read somewhere - don't know where - that satan enjoys a yearly laugh at the memorial service in which he gets millions of JW's to refuse to participate in the wine/bread ceremony. Its actually a satanic ritual! Hahaha

Anyway, I also have spent a lot of time in therapy and it has helped me a great deal. Please reach out for support from positive people who can accept you without giving you a guilt trip. You KNOW where your own heart is. I don't believe satan can take me against my will. The JW's aren't MY path to God - and I don't believe they are a path to God at all. It's a path to the Watchtower bible and Tract Society.

I have also found a lot of support on this board. Keep reading and be true to yourself.

Hugs

• micheal
    micheal

Just because she believes this is true does not make it true. Take away the emotion and the fear, just look at the facts and your mother or any other jw has no case at all. They are left empty handed.

• logansrun
    logansrun

What fear-mongering rubbish.

Just as an aside, why not do a little research on the concept of "Satan" from a historical perspective. Might I recommend Elaine Pagel's, "The Origin of Satan"? It's a good read, very enlightening and will help you better understand how the us/them mentality originated in the mainstream Christian tradition.

All best,

Bradley

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

The bonds of the cult cocoonment are strong even for walkaways and castaways.Why Disfellowshipped Persons Often Defend the Watchtower

The Watchtower has NEVER given anyone everlasting life.The Jehovah's Witnesses can grandstand to the ends of the Earth,and they will still.....

GROW OLD AND DIE LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE.

The only variable here is; will you also die broken and unsaved?

[Notice; All Jehovah's Witnesses who have died,are all Still Dead Tombstone Welcome Cuddlepie I Love You Mug 2Danny cares and shares,thinking of you. Watchtower Whistle Blower www.DannyHaszard.com

• logansrun
    logansrun
    [Notice; All Jehovah's Witnesses who have died,are all Still Dead Tombstone

Not that I disagree with you, but that statement is rather unverifiable isn't it?

B.

• tmo
    tmo

I think for our relatives who care about us it is very difficult when someone leaves the WTS. Your mothers response is typical in that blame has to be put somewhere. So it is Satan's fault or you have let a few "bad eggs" cause you discouragement. It can never be the fact that this is a bad organization with bad, unscriptural teachings. A JW must characterize it this way - it allows them to not address the real problem. The problem is the organization. Not Satan and not just some bad people in the organization. I think it is helpful to keep reminding them of the real problem, the real issues that need identified. The WTS is a messed up organization - that is to blame.

• Flash
    Flash
    You are going to need a lot of emotional support over the next few months of your therapy. Where are you going to get that from? your husband? Jehovah AGAIN is holding out his hand...

Well intentioned she may be. Her reasoning is an over-simplification and a guilt trip.

I Cant shake that hes really after me. How do you get over that?

People who worship Jehovah are targets. Do you worship or are you interested in serving Jehovah? If not, put it out of your mind...Satan's not interested in you anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit