Some albums I recommend.

by GenericMan 15 Replies latest social entertainment

• GenericMan
    GenericMan

Here's some albums I recomend:

Things We Lost In The Fire by Low

Unknown Pleasures and Closer -- both are by Joy Division

You buy them on Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

• RR
    RR

They still make albums?

RR

• gumby
    gumby
    They still make albums?

RR...LMAO!

Well, it was "generic man" who started this thread

Gumby

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Thanks for sharing Generic Man, I always love exposure to new things. :) I'll check them out for sure

• gumby
    gumby

I still have many albums from the 70's on up.....but no longer have a player for it. Albums are STILL the cleanest sound in music for fidelity even over Cd's. If I wasn't a lazy bastard, I would still play them......after I bought a record player ( I'm tight too)

Gumby

• Valis
    Valis

Gumbagatadavita Gumby!!!!

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I have an old Joy Division record somewhere. Haven't played it in ages. Always made me want to blow my head off. Apparently had the same affect on the lead singer.

• GenericMan
    GenericMan

Actually Gita, it made him want to hang himself, but that wasn't because of the music. Ian Curtis suffered from epilepsy and his marraige was on the rocks. Its a shame Joy Division only made two albums. After Curtis' death, the rest of the members formed New Order.

• talesin
    talesin

Gumby

I have an Akai turntable I would be willing to ship you if you want. Had to turf my LP collection last year, but hung onto the disc spinner, as it works PERFECTLY. Just let me know ...

tal

• RR
    RR

Yeah, I still have albums, I chucked out thousands, I had a collection of about 5,000, then I replaced most of them with CD's. I still have about 200 albums that have never been re issued as CDs. Have a nice turn table I purchased in 1982. I've neem offered top dollar for it, because it'ss rare and one of the best. But I'll holdon to it, along with my reel-to-reel player ... lol

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit