In the name of belated wisdom

by Kent 51 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

unc,

Good point. I'll try to keep that in mind. I'm pretty kind when they are asking questions. I do get a nasty feeling when they attack. As I said, it is one of my hot buttons. I'll try to be a little more even tempered with them in keeping with your comments. By the way, I do think I was pretty civil with Sue, who I thought was playing with us. For some reason, she didn't get to me.

• teejay
    teejay

Two thoughts, Kent.

1. One comment sorta jumped out at me. You said, "The fact that I myself has been online for years doesn't stop me for making an ass of myself every now and then."

Rhetorical question: Every now and then? <smile>

2. Do you really believe any of what you said ... enough to follow your own advice?

Just curious.

peace,
    todd ~ wondering what's up with the all-new Kent.....

• Tina
    Tina

as often as you follow your own advice tj ?lol

psssssst BETHelMOle's the name

• teejay
    teejay

let's try to maintain our focus, T. remember whose having the epiphany here... it's Kent, not todd. it's HIS bs, not mine. K?

• Tina
    Tina

Oh my,
    it's just so interesting that someone (like you)who protested the smug arrogance of others,,,,,,is creating posts of the very genre he condemned---it's always easier to look at someone else rather than self isnt it tj

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

So glad you've flung the rug Tina (you look sooo much younger LOL)

• Tina
    Tina

((((((((((Unc))))))))))))0that's me in the pre-Jezzy years lol....Yanno Im gonna miss you more than words can say :< But I shall do the snailmail thing....and I expect to hear from you as well-you still have my phone#? I have yours...unc,you've been the best friend I've ever had here. Do you plan on returning one of these days?
    Or will I have to fly down to Oz and scare you and girls lol......I owe you so much Lee.......you have been true blue.....now will go sob into my iced tea..love you forever!!! Owlie

• Suzis Ghost
    Suzis Ghost

Tina,

I feel we at SGP owe you an apology. Chuck was a bit harsh in his words to you, and I just read them now. Let me state, for the record that he was NOT authorized to make such blatant accusations, nor was he given the personal freedom as per his contract to make personal judgement/attacks on anyone without express permission from the senior staff. He did NOT speak for the site, me, or any of the other members here, although we do feel that in his roundabout way had a case. Maybe he could have used better terms to get his point across.

Btw, nice new pic. :) No harm done.

Suzi who is not chuck, and who is not responsible for his allegations or for the Cupie Doll

• teejay
    teejay

"it's always easier to look at someone else rather than self isnt it tj"

indeed, it is, but then you already know that! <smooches>

p.s. give it up, T. it's hopeless.

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

"Rather, we need to show that we are happier, healthier, and better all round than we were as Witnesses.

Otherwise, they may decide being a witness is better than those angry and bitter apostates. And we don't want that, do we?"

Well this is sort of either/or thinking isn't it?

Getting out of a cult is no guarantee that one will be 'happier, healthier, better all round.' Whether one leaves or stays in the cult, being happy and healthy are individual things. As for 'better', that is a pretty subjective term. Better than what? Better compared to what? Whose notion of 'better', or 'healthier' will you offer as the gold standard?

This notion that we are somehow responsible to show JWs a better way to replace their evil one needs to be laid to rest. If they don't have enough moral fiber to leave the cult when confronted with the masses of evidence, it's NOT my job to babysit and coddle them until they feel strong enough to find some ethics and quit subsidizing that killer organization.

Anyone who decides 'being a Witness is better' deserves the life they choose for themselves. This isn't a club with secret handshakes and a rulebook. There is no guarantee of a happy healthy good life, in or out of the cult. This microcosm is IMO a good place for Jdubs to get a taste of the diversity that they'll find in the real world. Not everyone here is a newly-minted saint or born-again kinder gentler soul. Here, as in real life, 'caveat emptor'.

Anyone who wants to kill himself as a result of what he has read on a message board needs to be hospitalized PRONTO. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MENTAL/EMOTIONAL HEALTH OF LURKING JDUBS. Laying that responsibility on anyone is just plain wrong. No matter WHAT they have said...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit