watchtower cd rom wont work on my computer. Why?

by littlemike 15 Replies latest jw friends

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

The question of the day is "What version of WTLIB is this?" The 2001 and 2003 versions should work fine on modern versions of Windows. If you don't have the latest version, I'd "acquire" it some how. :)

• Mary
    Mary

Are their any smurfs running around your house????

• dmouse
    dmouse

Didn't you know? The WTCD install program scans your computer and won't work if it detects apostate material.

...sorry couldn't resist :-)

I think I had this problem once when I upgraded my computer - I think the older CDs only run in 256 colours. Get an up to date WT cd or try running in 256 colours or windows 98 compatability mode (if you have xp).

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Becuase CD drives cannot read bullshit.

• mustang
    mustang

REMOVABLE media devices can experience what are known as "alignment problems". This is especially so with the "homemade" copies that are proliferating these days. If your RW machine's alignment is a "little south" of the 2nd machine's alignment, they may not be compatible. The same thing can be observed with floppy drives, when the diskette or one of the drives are VERY OLD and exhibiting significant wear.

Moving THE SAME "factory written" CD through ALL of the machines (this step may be viewed as a "reference verification" (or "checking via a transfer standard") will tell you if the machines function. If all machines read the "reference"/"witness disk"/"transfer standard", then the "basic machines" work. Now if a CD that is WRITTEN on a particular machine will not "transfer" to one of the other machines, you can suspect "alignment".

You can try to minimize the problem by selecting your machines. Or you could try to get another copy of the source.

So, Misalignment (Alignment Inconsistency) is a possibility; from here on, you are on your own. I haven't done these procedures since the "Mainframe Days" when I cared for 20+ 14" Removable Platter Hard Drive machines at a Mini-Computer factory. I don't know what they do with this issue today.

Mustang

Showing His Age Class

• Poztate
    Poztate

There are all sorts of possible causes...

• Bad CD ROM Drive
    • Bad CD ROM Drivers
    • CD ROM Drive does not support CD/R or CD/RW
    • Dirty Laser lens
    • Bad IDE Cable connecting your Drive to your Mother Board

You did not make the "suggested" $50.00 contribution for the disk.

As you may be aware God knows everything including when you have been BAD. A visit to the local KH is in order. I would suggest not only a contribution of $50.00 for the CD but a further contribution of $50.00 to the world wide preaching effort. In this way your efforts will be blessed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit