Verbal Abuse in Jehovahs Witnesses

by truthbeliever 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

I've been doing some reading and learned that this is a common cult tactic that keeps you unable to gain any equilibrium.

My daughter had an experience with the grand daughters of a prominent woman in another congregation. They were doing to her what you described (though not to the point of warranting police involvement), so she decided to avoid them. Well, Grandma called me and threatened that if my daughter didn't continue to "associate" with her grand daughters, she would go to the elders and charge her and me with causing a division. When she said that, I just hung up on her, I was so pissed. After thinking about it for awhile, I called her back and told her that I had "strongly encouraged" my daughter to continue associating with her grand daughters, but that I was leaving the matter entirely in her hands as to what she would choose to do, as I trusted her judgement in the manner. My daughter decided she would not physically leave when the girls came around, but she would mentally shut off anything they had to say. She also stopped responding to any of their emails. Grandma was livid, but technically, there was nothing she could do about it. I had "mended the fence" and the elders had consistently refused to baptise my daughter, so there really wasn't much that could be done to her.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

I protested to the elders at my last stand,(the Rockland Massachusetts Kingdum hell) about gross sexual harrassment from some sleazy 'sisters'. One 'sister' in particular borderlined on felony sexual assult.She would literally bend over and wiggle her fat ass IN the Kingdum hell.I would discribe her as,"Tammy faye Baker look a like only uglier". The elders reply was,"Danny they are the sisters,they want to make it look like your chasing them...."Duck 2 Thats verbal assult and sexual assult too. Ya know,i now attend a very liberal church of 'christendom'( babylon the great ) and i am truly amazed how much human kindness is exchanged at my church compared to dog-eat-dog Jehovah's Witnesses.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

When the PO in our congo and elder talked to me about my non-baptized not a publisher adult daughter getting married to an unbeliever (though she was not a believer herself and has an unbelieving Dad to boot) he told me the bible story of Phinehaus and how he drove the tent peg through the groin of the man and the woman and that is how Jehovah feels towards my daughter. When he told me this he looked like he enjoyed himself saying it and chills ran up my spine because at that moment I felt like this is something he would like to do, as he told me that we need to feel like Jehovah feels about things. His thinking scared me and I went home in a state of shock. He felt very dark to me and threatening. I almost felt as if I should call the police. I think I am still in therapy because of things like this.

• Corvin
    Corvin
    What degree or form did this abuse take? Sounds pretty extreme

Exactly. My question, too.

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    I protested to the elders at my last stand,(the Rockland Massachusetts Kingdum hell) about gross sexual harrassment from some sleazy 'sisters'. One 'sister' in particular borderlined on felony sexual assult.She would literally bend over and wiggle her fat ass IN the Kingdum hell.I would discribe her as,"Tammy faye Baker look a like only uglier".

And this is a bad thing because?

Oh wait; she is ugly. Nevermind.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

You got It Oxnard!If she been a babe i wood notta bitched bout it.I still would have been stumbled.

She was REALLY ugly...I hold women in high reverence but she was a sleazy slut sorry.

• truthbeliever
    truthbeliever

To the Brothers who asked what degree this abuse took,let me give you a for instance.One time in 1993,I was at Brother Abusives apartment and I had a Bible question.He told me he did'nt know and was becoming Irate.I thought he was joking,so I joked back and said he was acting like an "Unreasonable Baptist"He flies off the handle and I guess you could interpret it as a threat and says:"DONT YOU EVER CALL ME A BAPTIST AGAIN"I should have just walked out and called the cops,but me being the stupid publisher that I was,I endured it.Telling the Elders DID NO GOOD.I was only joking with the jerk.This is only one instance of this guy's abuse.I even went to other Kingdum Hells(Term borrowed from Danny)and tried to get their Elders advice,and those alway's reffered me back to my own.They really cared.God bless you.

• Dawn
    Dawn
    His thinking scared me and I went home in a state of shock. He felt very dark to me and threatening

Cyber-sister - that IS very dark and threatening. You were right to be on guard against him. There are people in the world that entertain such grim/dark fantasies. They put on a false front in public but inside they are spoiled and putrid.

Here's a perfect example: The average profile of a child molester includes a man who holds a position of authority in his church. Pretty sad isn't it?!

You are the one who had your head on straight - it was him that should be in counseling to treat his evil tendencies!

• Soledad
    Soledad

I hated my mother's verbal assaults on myself, others. She was and still is one of the most hyper-critical persons I have even known. Everything she said would always leave me questioning whether or not the "golden rule" really had any meaning. I didn't find that out until I walked away from that stupid cult, when I found out that so-called "worldly" people lived their lives with much more integrity than the average JW. gosh, I am shocked at how much that still bothers me.

• jwbot
    jwbot

One "sister" would call me a whore and a slut because she thought I had a crush on her son. He was my best friend. This was how a 50+ year old woman treated me, 16/17 years old at the time. Because I was such good friends with her son and daughter, I took the abuse for several years, even spending days on end over there...but I would try to avoid her...I was afraid of her. She even verbally abused my mother when I came home crying (sobbing uncontrolably) one night and my mother tried to defend me. She even made my mother cry. This was a very mean woman. She accused me of trying to steal her family away. She told my boyfriend at the time, that his mother was worthless. I am still very scarred from the experiences I had.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit