July 15 Watchtower article on Blood

by XBEHERE 23 Replies latest jw friends

• TD
    TD

You know, heat is one way to fractionate the so called "major components" because it bursts the cell membranes.

The new policy allowing any fraction of a "major component" is not too far removed from saying, "It's OK to eat blood, you just have to cook it first."

(btw -- It is the June 15th issue of The Watchtower, not the July 15th)

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Howdy, Tom

You write:

You know, heat is one way to fractionate the so called "major components" because it bursts the cell membranes.
    The new policy allowing any fraction of a "major component" is not too far removed from saying, "It's OK to eat blood, you just have to cook it first."

You are correct about the heat. But fractionating red cell membranes is as easy as exposing red cells to tap water. It is easily observable under a microscope.

White cells are another story. Though exposure to tap water affects the white cells and fractionates most of them, these cells are somewhat resilient to tap water so that exposure does not ensure fractionation of all of them.

But, if person exposed white cells to water and then heated it to a boiling point, within seconds there is no distinguishable component of blood to observe. For purposes of acting as blood, the substance is ruined. The same is true of platelets.

So, according to WTS guidelines, were a JW to cook blood by adding a little water and then bringing it to boil, they can eat the stuff because the four components of plasma, white cells, red cells and platelets have been completely and irrevocably fractionated, and fractionation is the determining factor the WTS' policy of what to forbid or respect regarding using from blood.

An amazing policy, isn't it!

Marvin Shilmer

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

The Watchtower vs. the benevolent humanitarian RED CROSS disaster services.I can (1990) remember vividly at a congregation study of the 'blood booklet' 'learning' how the Red Cross should be listed as a fortune 500 company for the enormous profit they earn from their blood sales.

The Watchtower leader spoke of the Red Cross 'getting the blood for free and selling it for $500.00 a pint to hospitals.Here's the real deal people.The Red Cross in my town charges the two local hospitals (2004) about $150.00 a pint/unit for blood.About $80.00 of this fee includes rigorous costly testing protocols that the RC pays for.

The Red Cross has been BROKE since the early 1970's.

Compared to the vast real estate holdings of the Watchtower worth billions of dollars the Red Cross director in my town tells me they live hand to mouth and are only 60 days from eviction at their agency here in Bangor Maine.

WHO? IS REALLY SHOWING LOVE OF NEIGHBOR

• TRUTH SEEKER
    TRUTH SEEKER

This was one of the articles that I actually read recently and I was sickened at this "new light" b.s. I told the person who gave me the mags that I thought this was crap. She got this very confused look on her face when I was explaining what the article said and then told me I must have read it wrong. What????? I then talked to my mom (renewed loyalty to the borg) and she thought I was wrong. So, in typical fashion, I started to think I read it wrong. I am so glad to see here that I didn't. thank you thank you thank you!

JIll

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit