July 15 Watchtower article on Blood

by XBEHERE 23 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Hello all.

In the 7/15 WT I dont recall the exact page, I dont have the magazine here at work but there is a chart that lists blood, what components are up to you and which ones are not allowed at all. Anyway its very odd because they list Which ones Christians should avoid from left to right, i.e. red blood cells, white blood cells, plasma, etc. all the "major" components so they say.

The strange part is that right below it again from left to right under the heading Christians make their own decision based on their conscience it lists fractions of red blood cells, fractions of white blood cells, fractions of plasma, etc. down the list. Isnt this contradictory? You cant take in the whole component but you can have bits and peices of it. How can people look at this and not see the contradiction?

Anyone else see the article and care to add something I left out? Its just very blatantly... ILLOGICAL

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Yeah, it's pretty bogus. I like how hemoglobin (a 'fraction' of a red blood cell) is a conscience matter. Red blood cells are esentially bags of hemoglobin. You can have what's in the container, but not when it's still in the container.

That's like a doctor telling you to stop drinking, and you get around that by taking the booze out of the container first.

The worst thing? It's a conscience matter to take these fractions, but you're still not allowed to donate blood at all.

• dorothy
    dorothy

The list of blood components that are allowed are parts that Elders and Governing Body members have needed over time to save their own asses.

(May not be accurate, just a thought)

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

Best compared with a sandwich: don't eat it as a whole, instead take the single parts bread, cheese and ham.

• dorothy
    dorothy

Yeah, just like they do with the scriptures.

"Just read these two lines, never mind the context of which it is in."

• Agent Smith
    Agent Smith

I guess I will look at fornication in the same manner then.

Since oral sex is not penetrating, its OK. It should not be considered as fornicating..cuz again, I did not penetrate! See it as just a small part of sex, but not actual sex because its just a small "part" of sex

• Emma
    Emma

Great use of illustrations, everyone. You may go on to the next point...

It's amazing how they can use flawed illustrations of their own (latest one I've read here being the one about the wolf pup) but ours would be thrown out.

• glitter
    glitter

I actually used the sandwich analogy to a JW last week - he said "yeah, but not all at one - that does make sense!".

JWs have in in-built in them that everything that comes down from the FDS is A)true and B)good. And that any thought that is against the *current teachings* from the FDS is A)false and B)Bad, even thoughts and reasonings of their own, even things they see with their own eyes.

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

Actually, fornication back then just meant prostitute.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I wonder what would happen if a JW accepted every single "fraction"? Wouldn't that be whole blood?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit