It's Time to Find New Vistas

by Farkel 125 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

I cannot compete with threads anymore. They BEAT me! Threads about pit bulls and other dogs and virginity get all the attention. SEX threads are fine and dandy but they have nothing to do with JW issues. I know this.

I have two good topics left in me. The first is a topic on logical fallacies and it has a WTS twist. The second is my one and-a-half year passion with the Rachmaninoff Rhapsody. I will finish this and share this before I die!

I will post these two things. I consider myself irrelevant and of not much use anymore. That is ok with me. I had my time in the sunshine and I have no regrets for what I've done.

Let the X generation blather their blather and when they grow up they just might make a difference, too.

Farkel

• Satanus
    Satanus

Nothing can withstand the tides of time.

S

• wasasister
    wasasister

Awww, and I was just thinking how good it was to have you back. Your recent posts have been very relevant and thought provoking. Please don't measure their worth by how long they stay on page one.

You and I both know that a great concert performance of Rachmaninoff will never fill the kind of arena Brittany Spears can sell out. Just because something is popular or entertaining does not mean it has long-lasting value.

I'd hate to think the Discovery Channel will give up just because CBS's Survivor gets better ratings.

Hang in there, Fark. We still need you, even if we don't always get around to telling you so.

Wasa

• kls
    kls

Farkel, you can't leave you are much to important to this forum. Your words and advice are great,yes the forum seems to be changen but your wisdom is o so needed.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

What? Well from the guy whom you once said never has anything relevant to share on this board-(me), I have to let you know that even though there seem to be other topics on this board, the threads started by people like you, Blondie, JCanon, Leolaia, and others are very interesting and informative. Some things written are very deep, and when read, really challenge one's mind, and allow us to reason. Just because there are other topics about other subjects,(Sex, drugs, rock'n roll) does not make yours any less relevant. Sometimes people are in the mood to cut up and laugh, sometimes people are in the mood to learn about more serious things to help sharpen our minds. I have gone through a lot of the posts from the onset of this forum, and yes, it seems that in the beginning, there were a lot more in-depth topics regarding the Bible, God, or the teachings of the Org. I think that topics here are very diverse, but well rounded out,(albeit there are exceptions) to where certain topics, humorous, or serious, seem to balance themselves out to where people can enjoy many things. Example: Say you loved Prime Rib. You think you would love to eat it every night for dinner. The first month you Eat Prime Rib, only prime rib, no potato, no asparagus, no salad or no gravy. How long would it be before you wanted something to add to "The Meat"? Balance the prime rib with a different veggie, and a different wine, sauteed mushrooms, and it becomes more palatable over time. You play the piano. A lot of us Looove the piano, and I have heard countless people ask you about your expertease in playing it. In the past, I have tried to find threads relating to you playing, and maybe a download of any of your music. Why not start a thread about that? Religion is a spiritual thing, but also are other things, like music. As you know, playing an instrument, in order to be really good, you must become part of that instrument, and play with your very soul. That is the music that brings tears to people's eyes. But it does not have anything to do with the bible, or Bible teaching, so does that make it any less relevant? Please realize that just because there are different topics here, not all pertaining to religion, does not make the posts that are Logical, and intelligently written any less important. During our stints in the Troof, we were raised to be serious, and not deviate in any way. When we leave, we are set free into a world that is new to us; some funny, some sad, some serious things. It is so nice to finally be able to have a smorgasboard of things to learn about and "Taste".

If you are insistent in leaving, I wish you a very nice life with your Prime Rib, but remember the rest of us will be enjoying ours with all the goodies that go along with it. And yes, it would very very weird no longer seeing the Mad magazine Guy Avatar!!!

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali
    Let the X generation blather their blather and when they grow up they just might make a difference, too.

A question we could ask is what might make a difference for the X-gens? Perhaps it calls for something new.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Farkel,

You are right, EXJW needs seem to have changed. When I came on I couldn't get enough of the stuff you, AlanF, Kent, JanH, and Norm posted. When I recovered from exit the WT I thought I would try to contribute something of that sort too to JWD but after hours of research and editing I would see those threads disappear in minutes.

I think the needs have changed. And as you said in a phone conversation about a year ago, the really heavy stuff exposing the Watchtower Society has been uncovered and is all over the internet and in publications. So even I am currently posting daily updates to Steve and Joy's Excellent Adventure. Now there is a WT expose to admire.

It seems that there is a flood of people leaving the WT who do not need convincing that they are leaving a fraud. They just want friends who understand and will share their experience. If that is the need, then I will go with that. It sure helped me in the last two years.

Don't doubt for a moment, though, the importance of all your past efforts. You are a geniune person, full of valuable information, and you have helped countless people. You are still an asset to the exJW community in that regard. So I hope you find a comfortable place in this new reality. Otherwise, you have a life in the real world too. Get the most out of it. Whatever, I will always appreciate your support give me when I first came here.

Steve

• Farkel
    Farkel

to you all:

Nonsense! I don't believe I made a single bit of difference, at least in the long run. I waved my hands and yelled a lot, but I only helped a few souls out of that nonsense.

In short, I failed. My music is my only redemption in this life. I'm pretty good at that.

Farkel

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

That may be true to a certain extent. Isn't the one thing that's gonna make the big difference up to that individual? You can only do so much for others regardless of how you approach it.

• minimus
    minimus

You are more noted for your essays than anything else. Stop lamenting that you are no longer THE limelight! It's not all about you, Fark. Obviously you feel a need to have others praise you and tell you are relevant. Life will go on without you, me and anyone else we know. Just accept your fate, my friend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit