What is really discussed at elders' meetings?

by sinamongurl 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

Who's doing what with who?

How to hide secrets?

What?

Sinamon

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Elders meetings are probably where most of the malicious gossip originates. They probably discuss who they'll screw over next, and how. Once that's done they probably discuss who are the hottest babes in the hall, or where they'll play golf on the weekend.

Walter

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Yes, and after those things are discussed at the Elders meetings, it is then time for those same Elders to start discussing those private issues with their family members once they get home.

• blondie
    blondie

Walter, you pretty much have it. They even screw each other over. An elder will come up and say they are on your side before the meeting; then when Elder Backstabber goes for the jugular during the elder's meeting Brother I'm On Your Side will sit in silence. Then after the meeting Brother IOYS will come up to commiserate about how bad Elder Backstabber is.

And that is what they do to each other...imagine what they do to the R&F.

Blondie

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

As I said to a CO "It's nothing more than legalized gossip back there"

and I knew because I was part of it.

• avishai
    avishai
    Walter, you pretty much have it. They even screw each other over. An elder will come up and say they are on your side before the meeting; then when Elder Backstabber goes for the jugular during the elder's meeting Brother I'm On Your Side will sit in silence. Then after the meeting Brother IOYS will come up to commiserate about how bad Elder Backstabber is.

Standard operating procedure.

it's called "good cop, bad cop"

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

I would agree with the "origin of malicious gossip" statement.

However, just to point this out, and I know this is the exception rather than the rule. My dad (P.O. and WT Study Conductor, in every Hall we attended) never, ever spoke about topics in Elders' meetings to me or my mom.

LABD

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

AT THE ELDERS MEETINGS IS WHERE ONE COULD SEE WHO BRO. DIPSHIT REALLY IS.

THIS IS WHERE THE TRUE CHARACTERES OF ELDERS ARE REVEALED.

THERE WERE ALWAYS A FEW REALLY KIND MEN AND AN EQUAL OR MORE ARROGANT GROUP, WITH ONLY BULLYING FOR A PERSONALITY AND A FEW WHO WERE MEEK AND AFRAID.

THE ARROGANT ONES FRIGHTENED THE MEEK SO THE MEEK WOULD NOT TAKE A POSITION.

THIS LEFT THE TRULY KIND ONES OUTNUMBERED AND SHOUTED DOWN. LITERALY I MEAN

"SHOUTED" DOWN. SAW THIS OVER AND OVER.

Outoftheorg

• undercover
    undercover

The elders are like any other power group, some are good, some are bad. You can trust some, others you can't.

I have been in on a few judicial committees, not as an elder, but, well we won't go into why I was there, but I can say that at least one of the meetings was handled properly and with mercy and kindness. The others weren't so nice. I saw some elders get really ugly. I was surprised at the hostility that was displayed in that room.

If you don't want the congregation to know anything don't tell an elder. That was my general rule after a while. Even though there were some I trusted, if that elder shared with another elder, who's to say that elder wouldn't spread the info to others. I knew elders that told me stuff they shouldn't have. I remember a DFd person told me the night they were DFd what happened at the meeting. The next morning at the field service meeting I overheard two elders wives talking in detail what happened the night before at the meeting. Yea, the DFd one probably shouldn't have told me, but the elders definately are under orders to not talk about it. Obviously these elders told their wives who couldn't wait for field service so they could gossip about it. By the Sunday meeting most of the congregation knew everything about everything.

• metatron
    metatron

Here's how they work:

You have 3 - 4 elders who actually make all the meaningful decisions. They meet together privately to decide what will

be discussed at the elders' meetings. If another elder brings up something else, he may be completely ignored, as if he

said nothing. So, most of the elders just quietly ratify whatever the dominant elders want.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit