Do you make active witnesses uncomfortable?

by pratt1 27 Replies latest jw friends

• brooklynNY
    brooklynNY

I run into people from my old congregation just about every day. It's hilarious to see them get that "deer in the headlight look," when I'm walking in their direction. I had one almost get hit by a car trying to avoid me, of course I went over to her to see if she was all right and, she looked at me like she had seen Satan himself. The funny thing is that I'm neither disfellowshiped or have formally disassociate myself.

• metatron
    metatron

Just remember:

BOOGAH! BOOGAH!

I'm scary! You need to fear me! I HAVE THE POWER TO SHATTER YOUR FAITH!

Actually, I often go out of my way to be friendly and generous. I offer my technical help and other goodies

out of attempted friendship. That makes even the elders sigh....

metatron

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Do you make active witnesses uncomfortable?

As much as I possibly can and with the real truth no less!!!

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

When I go to a local supermarket, the wife of an elder is a check-out person, I always get in her line (10 items or less). I think the look on her face is classic. Some where between pained and annoyed.

Personally, I thought she was/is a good person that was mislabeled as a snot because she is extremely shy. She absolutely adored my son and daughter when they were little and still attending meetings with their mother before she left. Last week when I went to the store with my kids, she saw them and talked to them, till she saw me the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-vil DF'd monster, and then went away.

My kids still remembered her, and thought she was a very nice woman. They just don't get the shunning thing. I hope they never will have to.

LABD

• Carmel
    Carmel

I'm with Blondie on this one. When I was "in" I was a constant iritation to the Cong. Serv. Once Df'd I was no longer a threat to the tranquility of their boring meetings..

carmel

• Flash
    Flash
    The funny thing is that I'm neither disfellowshiped or have formally disassociate myself.

Thats exactly how it is for me, yet I wonder how they'll react to my new tattoos?! Can they possibly shun me anymore than they already are?? LOL

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW
    ...and I have not allowed her to be terminated when we techincally had the grounds.

but probably in her mind it is Jehovah that is protecting her from unemployment. gotta love it.

• trumangirl
    trumangirl

"It's all conditional. Go to meetings and go in service, you're a friend and buddy. Become inactive but not in any kind of trouble, you're bad association."

- yes that's so true. I supported a couple who were snobbed somewhat after one of them was put on public reproof. One of them stopped going to the local KH because she didn't like that particularly congregation. So then I start telling them about my doubts, (this is while I was fading), and suddenly they start making excuses for why they can't come to dinner when I invite them (twice). Very strange. I chat to one of them on the phone and start to criticise the GB, and you know what he says:

"This conversation is making me feel uncomfortable". Oh, OK I reply. We can change the subject. Very chilling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit