Do you make active witnesses uncomfortable?

by pratt1 27 Replies latest jw friends

• exjdub
    exjdub
    Without her knowledge I have supported her in several disputes and I have not allowed her to be terminated when we techincally had the grounds. In my opinion the accusation was unsupported by an objective eye

pratt1,

Now that is a proper display of "brotherly affection" and humanity right there. You are the better person and should be commended for being professional despite the rejection that you have felt from the "sister". I am sure she would do the same for you if she were in your position right? (tongue planted firmly in cheek)

By the way, welcome to the forum.

exjdub

• blondie
    blondie

Not yet, but then when I was an active JW I made them uncomfortable.

Blondie

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

In the event that she does get fired, I'm sure you will be the one blamed for it. you are an evil apostate, don't ya-know?

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

After I had been wrongfully disfellowshipped from the,Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses Rockland Massachusetts.I stayed in town for a while before i moved on.There was one popular supermarket in town (stop n shop) where everyone did their groceries.Including the local JW's.I continued my shopping there also. I s**t you not the, JW's STOPPED shopping there because of me! Now stop and think.WHO? IS this fanatical.....WHO?

• pratt1
    pratt1

Thanks exdub. I knew it was the right thing to do, although I am sure if the roles were reversed, I would be on the streets.

Truthseeker - you know, I hadn't even though of that point. She problably thinks that I am the reason why she was reprimanded in the first place.

I guess I am just Satan's tool.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I did, I did, Pratt1!!!

A couple of months ago, while doing field service, this reg pioneer sister was going on an on about how joyous it was for her to take the lead in doing Jehovah's work and exploring the territories, blah, blah, blah.... Then there was this pregnant pause in which no one said a thing. I then proceeded to express that it was all a waste of time to me, and that is why I couldn't bare to put in more than just a couple of hours a month without going crazy. I said that Jehovah, the reader of hearts and minds, should direct us to the deserving and longing people so that we's stop feeling like this going around was just a big waste of our time and personal resources.

OMG!!! You should've seen the faces drop and the disapproving looks I got; although a couple had a smirk on their faces as if I just conveyed their feelings exactly.

After that little encounter, not only does the sister not go in the preaching group I attend (not that I attend a whole lot either), but she and the others that gave me the 'how dare you' look avoid me like the plague!!! GOOD!

I was expecting some elders' visit after it, but it hasn't happened yet. I don't feel it will because they know that's how many feel about the wasted time we spend in field service, and resources too now with the gasoline being so expensive.

It felt so good to say exactly what I meant.

DY

• pratt1
    pratt1

To be able to voice your opinion is an liberating experience.

Keep up the good work.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

It just depends. The ones I have had confrontations with (ie elders and elderetts) in the past seem to avoid me like the plague in public because they know I will cause a scene if they start any shit with me. If they can get me alone they have no problems trying to lecture me. I've lost count of the number of time I have told them to f*ck off in public and in private. In general I believe I make active dubs very uncomfortable.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I was in the bank the other day, and saw a JW woman I've known for 30 years. She was walking towards me, and I thought she was actually going to speak to me. Suddenly, she turned on her heel and went the other way. I guess she had a temporary brain freeze and forgot I am inactive. She still could have talked to me. Fortunately, I hadn't made eye contact with her, so she didn't know I saw her.

It's funny how just our presence makes them so uncomfortable.

• desib77
    desib77

Fortunately I live in a diff. town now so no one here knows me....I'm sure in my old town I would make plenty of people uncomfortable.

Desi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit