Hi, I'm new

by danidancer 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Hi, and welcome!

• Valis
    Valis

Well dani, we hope you stick around! We only have one or two other members from the lower Americas. One in Brazil and I can't remeber the other for some estupido reason.... Great to have you here.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Could you tell me please what exactly did you ask and what they answered and denied?

The most glaring thing they did was to threaten to DF me for donating blood at a blood drive. I told my parent this and later my parents told me that the elders denied ever threatening to DF me.

Also, the last time I talked to my mom she said that the elders told her that in my DA letter I said that I no longer wanted to have anything to do with my family. This is also a lie. I never said any such thing in my letter... what I did say in my letter is that I no longer wanted to be associated with the organization. I did not leave my family, I canceled my membership in a book publishing organization.

They will lie and twist words to suit their needs. I hightly recomend that you record any conversations with them.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hi Dancer! Welcome to our little world.. Your intuition is correct. There is more than one "truth", so to speak. Many of the witnesses doctrins are quite different than the rest of Christianity, and for this they claim to be the "only true religion". They are not the only ones making this claim, nor are many of their doctrins unique. So I urge you to take some time and look around. "Test the spirits" as the bible urges. You may be pleasantly surprised that there are wonderful people in all religions and those with no religious beliefs at all. They are the "spiritual" ones, not the ones who are full of themselves.

wam regards,

carmel

• boa
    boa

Welcome danidancer to JWD....get ready for some healing here....though there is the odd rough area too

boa....who is never near the rough areas.....

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Welcome dandidancer! I hope you meet many new friends that can help and support you through this difficult time!

growedup

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit