Would you still love Him in the now?

by Steve Lowry 11 Replies latest jw friends

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

God always has a purpose or a plan

But this is assuming he wouldnt....I cant say

Since im newly df'd, Im still trying to figure out my head from my a---!!

Sinamon

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Carmel,

The reason I ask this question is a simple one. I am of the belief that we as humans can do no act (regardless of how pure the motive) without it serving us in someway.

Most religions teach that God will take our spirit when we die. But what if somehow we were to discover that God never had any plans for us in the afterlife? That this life is His only gift and that?s it. Would people still love Him in the ?here and now?, or would they turn their back on Him? I think for me, I would still love Him in the ?now?, because the gift of life (even if for only a short time) is so incredible that that would be enough for me. But that said, I would also be very disappointed. I don?t want my self-awareness to stop (I think so therefore I am).

I?m not doubting (not anymore than usual), I just wonder about such things from time to time, and I wonder if others do as well. I know for me, I have seen God work in my life so many times (and that?s just what I am aware of) that I know He loves me a bunch. I haven?t done anything to deserve it other than I am His child. It doesn?t seem logical to me that He would want me to slip into oblivion when I die. But I dunno for sure just exactly what the plan is. I can only hope that there is an afterlife.

When I hear JW?s putting so much emphasis on the next life (and they?re not the only ones), or their life in the ?New System?, their love for God all sounds so contingent on reward to me. And I need reward too, but the reward I have, I have already been given, and that is this life and the knowledge that He loves me now. Anything else is gravy. But hey I like the gravy too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit