Would you still love Him in the now?

by Steve Lowry 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Many believe in God and that when we die we go to be with Him and live forever. But what if this life is all there is, and God in the end, has no plans for you in eternity. Would you still love Him in the now? Or would you not?

• talley
    talley

In the NOW I do not 'believe in' him ( God ). That way I am not angry with him.

As to an 'after life' if there is one, I had better be with all my dogs that have died. I want to go to wherever they went. But I think that after death will be as before I was born - non existant. Just fine with me.

I count on absolutely nothing from the Cosmic Deadbeat Dad.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Why do you ask? Having doubts, need your ideas reinforced? 
    caveman
  • Evesapple
    Evesapple

I just watched 'The Others' with Nicole Kidman....I think it was very interesting, for all that she thought and so strongly believed in, and thought was the exact interpretation of the Bible, turned out completely different....in the end, she realised she never really knew, she clinged to a believe....and finally.....she realised the truth....when she was dead. I don't think anyone really knows the afterlife....there are sooooo many interpretations of the Bible's teachings that no one really is in agreement. However, there is something.....how it happens, I don't think anyone really knows until it's final.....

I personally am not afraid....as long as I live a good and fulfilling life...that's all that I care about. I don't want my life to go unlived worrying about the outcome of death.....

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Yes - because of the comfort he provides me while I am here.

• Scully
    Scully

I believe that each person is in this world for a reason and purpose. I think we all possess unique gifts and talents, and that our main task in life is to find our gifts and talents, and then to develop and express them, and ultimately use them to help others. In pursuing these goals, I feel that we are fulfilling the purpose for our existence, and demonstrating appreciation for the gifts and talents we were created with. And if that's not good enough for "God" (if s/he exists), then I want nothing to do with "God".

Love, Scully

• onacruse
    onacruse

Why does God need my love?

By definition, He is.

By His definition, I am.

Or maybe this is all just anthropomorphism?

I don't think so; but, then, I'm not God.

But I am: Craig.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Yes I'd love Him in the now
    I'd love Him with a (sacrificial) cow.
    I loved Him at the Kingdom Hall
    I love Him now while at the mall
    Would you, could you amore Dog?
    He keeps you safe in I-10 fog (he does you know).

• codeblue
    codeblue

Well now..........hmmmm...I am a parent...given life to a child......I love that child...but I have NO future for my child, no guarantees, other then I love my child.....Does my child still love me..........YES>.........

For that reason I still love God............he is my heavenly father.........

CodeBlue

• Sassy
    Sassy

and we don't know at all what he has in mind..

so..if this is all there is, we won't know till it is too late and then we would be dead.. and gone

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit