Christian astrology--is there such a thing?

by sinamongurl 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

I found some old books on the subject of the Gospel in the stars. It put a "Christian" spin on the constellations. It was interesting reading. I think you can get it off the internet, also. Personally, I don't put much stock in any of it.

But then again I'm just a closed-minded bigot

LABD

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

thanks DAWG!!!

sin

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Your welcome, Sin.

LABD

• El blanko
    El blanko

sinamongurl:

Hi !

Bare with me, I will ask my friend for you who opened my eyes to the possibilities within the stars.

/ El Blanko

• rem
    rem

::I am starting to believe that we are intimately linked into every aspect of the universe we inhabit and that we are each given our distinctive personality at the moment that spirit joins flesh at our birth (when we take the breath of life into our lungs?).

Why at birth? Is your mother's womb some type of special Astrological shield? Why shouldn't your personality be "imprinted" at conception? Oh yeah, there is absolutely no theory for why it should be this way rather than the other way.

::The planets each resonate with their own energy and who is to say that this energy does not add an individual signature to each of us at birth? A cosmic fingerprint

What "energy" are you talking about? How do you measure this energy? Or are you just making this up?

rem

• thestickman
    thestickman

"The planets each resonate with their own energy and who is to say that this energy does not add an individual signature to each of us at birth? A cosmic fingerprint "

I agree with rem, what energy are you talking about? The use of the word resonate implies that is has to do with sound, which I find very interesting. It is known that bodies give off sound, in fact, scientists found the lowest note in the universe not that long ago, something like 52 octaves below middle C. But the claim that this sound adds an individual signature to us is intriguing and unfoudned.

"who is to say that this energy does not add an individual signature to each of us at birth?"

Well firstly, you are making a claim here, you are implying that it does add an individual signature to each of us, more specifically, at birth. Who are you to make that claim? All skeptics are saying is that you haven't shown any good cause for this to be believed, and that you should show cause before they accept your claim. Skeptics don't work on the presumption of your claim being true, it needs to be demonstrated, otherwise the claim holds no more wait than the counter claim.

• Swan
    Swan

I imaging that it could be used as another vehicle for self introspection and meditation, like tarot, or runes. So is staring at rippling brook. Anything that gets one to explore ones own psyche, spirituality, and inner demons can't be all bad. Personally, a therapist works best for me, but costs a hell of a lot more.

Christian rock music -- now that I don't believe in.

Tammy

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    no more wait

weight =

wait =

• El blanko
    El blanko

Sorry REM & Ossi, I'm not willing to engage with you. Have fun.

Sinamongirl:

I am still awaiting the information I promised, I haven't forgotten.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit